JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, friendly neighborhood Noobtubes here checking in.

I figure I oughta have done this a while ago but here goes: Med student in his late 20's-raised in Seattle by super anti-gun parents but always was fascinated by them. Got a Ruger precision rifle last December to explore gun ownership (which I loved) and I BS you not, I was driving it home from the store thinking "Crap! now I gotta remember what all those gun laws were that I voted for". Anyways, after I started hanging out with @MountainBear decided to ditch the tacticoool for old fashioned wood and steel and now I am broke but have enough Milsurps to put together a pretty decent squad (see below). My primary interest is in WW1 but I am open to WW2. I mostly have American and British but I also like older/neutral European stuff as well. Jewish heritage here so not super into the nazi's but would love to get my hands on an Israeli-captured K98! basically if its old and mounts a bayonet, I am into it.

I'm strongly considering getting into reenacting. I'm already that dork wearing vintage ammo belts and bandoliers at the range, might as well go all in.

Right now I have:
RIA 1911 .45ACP (new)
1903 springfield (1923 date, all matching, not pictured)-repro bayonet
Winchester P-14 (most likely 1915-17, all matching but the bolt)-original P13 bayonet
No1 Mk. III* (Ishapore mfg.-1942 date, all matching)-original p1907 bayonet.
No 4 Mk. I* (long branch mfg.-1944 date, all matching) original no. 9 bayonet.
Mosin-Nagant M44 (Tula mfg.-1944 date, all matching)
K-31 (Waffenfabrik Bern mfg.-most likely late 40's date, all matching)- Matching bayonet.

If you are curious, having shot all of these my favorites are:
For fun: M44-Das BOOM.
For accuracy: P-14-anything I can go 5/5 on a 12 inch plate at 200 yards is a solid rifle lol.
For looks: 1903-some of the most beautiful wood I've ever seen.
All-around: K-31-Don't get me started, probably the pinnacle of bolt action design-it just seemed trashy to nominate it for each category.

What do you guys think? Anything important I'm missing? I have a lead on a Swedish carbine that I'm picking up in June after payday so until them its mostly just ammo purchases (speaking of which lemme know if you're selling anything I need!) but I also love to trade and try new (old) interesting stuff. I already love the community I've met so I'm just happy to be here.

I have a GREAT photo of you I could share..
that won't be necessary...
CookedUltimateKitten-size_restricted.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top