JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, friendly neighborhood Noobtubes here checking in.

I figure I oughta have done this a while ago but here goes: Med student in his late 20's-raised in Seattle by super anti-gun parents but always was fascinated by them. Got a Ruger precision rifle last December to explore gun ownership (which I loved) and I BS you not, I was driving it home from the store thinking "Crap! now I gotta remember what all those gun laws were that I voted for". Anyways, after I started hanging out with @MountainBear decided to ditch the tacticoool for old fashioned wood and steel and now I am broke but have enough Milsurps to put together a pretty decent squad (see below). My primary interest is in WW1 but I am open to WW2. I mostly have American and British but I also like older/neutral European stuff as well. Jewish heritage here so not super into the nazi's but would love to get my hands on an Israeli-captured K98! basically if its old and mounts a bayonet, I am into it.

I'm strongly considering getting into reenacting. I'm already that dork wearing vintage ammo belts and bandoliers at the range, might as well go all in.

Right now I have:
RIA 1911 .45ACP (new)
1903 springfield (1923 date, all matching, not pictured)-repro bayonet
Winchester P-14 (most likely 1915-17, all matching but the bolt)-original P13 bayonet
No1 Mk. III* (Ishapore mfg.-1942 date, all matching)-original p1907 bayonet.
No 4 Mk. I* (long branch mfg.-1944 date, all matching) original no. 9 bayonet.
Mosin-Nagant M44 (Tula mfg.-1944 date, all matching)
K-31 (Waffenfabrik Bern mfg.-most likely late 40's date, all matching)- Matching bayonet.

If you are curious, having shot all of these my favorites are:
For fun: M44-Das BOOM.
For accuracy: P-14-anything I can go 5/5 on a 12 inch plate at 200 yards is a solid rifle lol.
For looks: 1903-some of the most beautiful wood I've ever seen.
All-around: K-31-Don't get me started, probably the pinnacle of bolt action design-it just seemed trashy to nominate it for each category.

What do you guys think? Anything important I'm missing? I have a lead on a Swedish carbine that I'm picking up in June after payday so until them its mostly just ammo purchases (speaking of which lemme know if you're selling anything I need!) but I also love to trade and try new (old) interesting stuff. I already love the community I've met so I'm just happy to be here.

I have a GREAT photo of you I could share..
that won't be necessary...
CookedUltimateKitten-size_restricted.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews