JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone!

I'm glad to have found this community of shooters and hope to make some great connections and learn tons of stuff.

I'm a native Oregonian; born in the southern part of the state and moved to the Salem/Keizer area a few years ago. I wish I could say I've been a life-long shooter, but, prior to a couple of years ago, I'd only gone shooting a few times in my life. Then I realized that even though my family has a history of hunting/shooting none of my generation developed or showed much interest in that area. I didn't want that skill-set to die off in my family, so I thought I would do what I could to preserve it. It certainly doesn't hurt that shooting is fun!

I'm also entering in to reloading and am in mid-build of my bench. Technically, I started the build several months ago. But it was just my luck to be entering into reloading right when the shortage of components and ammo hit. Now that things have become available again, it's time to finish my build.

I'm also a member of the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club and have been for almost 2 years now. I haven't taken as much advantage of it as I have wanted to, but I "aim" to change that (I get style points for working in a shooting pun, right? ;) ). That, too, was due in part to the ammo shortage. I decided to preserve what ammo I had, so that I had something to shoot if needed. Otherwise, what good would having a firearm be? Sure, I could throw my pistol at someone, but my trigger finger is better than my throwing arm.

Like I said previously, I hope to make some great connections on here and learn lots. I'm a smart fellow and can pick up a lot of information from reading articles, but I think it is way more fun and valuable to learn from people I can interact with.

Happy New Year!

Welcome to the site. Nice to have you here and glad you got your family traditions back into the shooting sports. As I tell all newer shooters, make sure you become an NRA member and support other pro-2A organizations as well. We need your support if you wish to keep our firearms heritage in the Country alive.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a current member of OFF and the NRA. Gotta be honest though, I'm not a big fan of the NRA's way of prompting me to renew my membership just three weeks after I first signed up or their constant mailings and emails telling me that I should purchase product from the NRA store to support the battle for my rights and freedom. I wish they'd save the money from all the mailings I get and use it towards the fight instead. I much prefer the way OFF has been handling things.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a current member of OFF and the NRA. Gotta be honest though, I'm not a big fan of the NRA's way of prompting me to renew my membership just three weeks after I first signed up or their constant mailings and emails telling me that I should purchase product from the NRA store to support the battle for my rights and freedom. I wish they'd save the money from all the mailings I get and use it towards the fight instead. I much prefer the way OFF has been handling things.

I agree with the mailing overload that the NRA does, but despite my feelings about them, they really are the tip of the spear when it comes to our gun rights. Thanks for you support and I look forward to seeing you in the discussions on the forum, again, welcome!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top