JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like restoring cars. I love old Mopars and I have 3 Jensen Interceptors. A MK II 383 car, and two early MK III with 440. I am working on putting a 6.1 32tooth reluctor Gen III Hemi in my 1972 'Cuda. I own several other Mopars, I have 5 Range Rover Classic's. One is a 1995 I used a Disco I as a donor and it is a 5spd manual. I am putting new cometic head gaskets on now. I may pull the 4.2 and put in a new high volume, high pressure oil pump. I have a special order British Racing Green 1987(first year of "official" ie non-grey Range Rover Classic imports). It is SWB but 4 door. On Okracoke there was a place that was a dive bar slash seafood joint slash hotel/motel and it was called Blackbeard's Inn- they had Peter Ustinov inspired painting of Blackbeard inside. At any rate they offered tours and had a British Racing Red(HEMI ORANGE EV2) SWB 1987. The Inn sold and is "starting at the low $499,000 condo's". The Blackbeard Rover had a blown T-case. I have what was intended as a restorable LWB 1991 County Range Rover Classic and I was able to get a title to it, so it went from parts car to... Eh... I also own a Zebra Range Rover Classic out of Virginia that is a grey market import- based on all parts it is a 1982 but the gentleman left Africa in 1989 so it is officially a 1989. It was originally a diesel but he converted to the 3.9 V8- so it is titled as a 1989 but it is a 1982 model- he left because he was nearly killed because of the farm attacks.

Rifles: some favorites are my M14 commercial builds and my BM59's. I have two on Berben Beretta receivers, I have two other Beretta's on another importer. I have also acquired and built 4 of the JRA cast copy receivers that are BM59. Great, Great, Great Rifles

I own an Eagle Arms Armalite Division AR10(Illinois), an Armalite Illinois AR-10 carbine, a DPMS Panther (pre-sale to Cerebrus), and I have a Gen III target rifle built from the best parts I could buy when they were on sale- it conforms to SR-25 specs and it is less than 1MOA, people who are not familiar with it easily get into 3MOA.

I have an early Illinois Armalite AR-180 with the infamous plastic lower(I dread what is coming)- it is my favorite 5.56/.223 rifle, I have a couple AR15's that have Adam Arms gas piston coversions on AR-15's

Handguns: A way to get to my rifles
I have a few revolvers. Pistols ?: I own several Walthers from WW2 to stop production, a pair of P5's, a P88, PPK/S, PPK's, and the last I bought was a Walther CCP for me and a PK380 with a flashlight for my 74yo momma. I own a few Dan Wesson(Serva Era) 1911's- 4 of them, pre-CZ.
I like magnum caliber SAA lookalikes.

Work: I finished my terminal degree in economics. Burned out on teaching. Tired of working for dirtbags who politic'd to department head/chair. I worked on some cases that went to court and I have a couple years of law school(I was part of an intra-university pilot program for law and economics that died due to fighting between the school of business and the law school). I examine documents and contracts in a forensic fashion.

Hobbies other than the reload bench:
I have built Hemi's and RB Mopar Engines and I do my very best to live up to the standards taught to me by builders and racers who are now largely gone.
My family's farm has been in the farm since the late 1870's. I had to replace the 3 tractors we use because they wore out, repaired the Krone hay roller(4x5) and repaired the
hydraulic leak on the thresher. Saving for a rake/fluffer/conditioner.
I love guitars, I'm lousy as can be but I love it. I can sit and play for 3 hours and be happy as '67 field hippy in a field of sticky icky grass.
Amp Wise I go British: Love Orange and Matamp. Ever seen Beat Club ? I have an ORST that was donated as part of the backline. It came to Britain and then to me. I have a Matamp GT100 that Alex Harvey's band used and his guitarist did a mean "I was framed riff"

1700159821380.png

Aloha, Mark

I like restoring cars. I love old Mopars and I have 3 Jensen Interceptors. A MK II 383 car, and two early MK III with 440. I am working on putting a 6.1 32tooth reluctor Gen III Hemi in my 1972 'Cuda. I own several other Mopars, I have 5 Range Rover Classic's. One is a 1995 I used a Disco I as a donor and it is a 5spd manual. I am putting new cometic head gaskets on now. I may pull the 4.2 and put in a new high volume, high pressure oil pump. I have a special order British Racing Green 1987(first year of "official" ie non-grey Range Rover Classic imports). It is SWB but 4 door. On Okracoke there was a place that was a dive bar slash seafood joint slash hotel/motel and it was called Blackbeard's Inn- they had Peter Ustinov inspired painting of Blackbeard inside. At any rate they offered tours and had a British Racing Red(HEMI ORANGE EV2) SWB 1987. The Inn sold and is "starting at the low $499,000 condo's". The Blackbeard Rover had a blown T-case. I have what was intended as a restorable LWB 1991 County Range Rover Classic and I was able to get a title to it, so it went from parts car to... Eh... I also own a Zebra Range Rover Classic out of Virginia that is a grey market import- based on all parts it is a 1982 but the gentleman left Africa in 1989 so it is officially a 1989. It was originally a diesel but he converted to the 3.9 V8- so it is titled as a 1989 but it is a 1982 model- he left because he was nearly killed because of the farm attacks.

Rifles: some favorites are my M14 commercial builds and my BM59's. I have two on Berben Beretta receivers, I have two other Beretta's on another importer. I have also acquired and built 4 of the JRA cast copy receivers that are BM59. Great, Great, Great Rifles

I own an Eagle Arms Armalite Division AR10(Illinois), an Armalite Illinois AR-10 carbine, a DPMS Panther (pre-sale to Cerebrus), and I have a Gen III target rifle built from the best parts I could buy when they were on sale- it conforms to SR-25 specs and it is less than 1MOA, people who are not familiar with it easily get into 3MOA.

I have an early Illinois Armalite AR-180 with the infamous plastic lower(I dread what is coming)- it is my favorite 5.56/.223 rifle, I have a couple AR15's that have Adam Arms gas piston coversions on AR-15's

Handguns: A way to get to my rifles
I have a few revolvers. Pistols ?: I own several Walthers from WW2 to stop production, a pair of P5's, a P88, PPK/S, PPK's, and the last I bought was a Walther CCP for me and a PK380 with a flashlight for my 74yo momma. I own a few Dan Wesson(Serva Era) 1911's- 4 of them, pre-CZ.
I like magnum caliber SAA lookalikes.

Work: I finished my terminal degree in economics. Burned out on teaching. Tired of working for dirtbags who politic'd to department head/chair. I worked on some cases that went to court and I have a couple years of law school(I was part of an intra-university pilot program for law and economics that died due to fighting between the school of business and the law school). I examine documents and contracts in a forensic fashion.

Hobbies other than the reload bench:
I have built Hemi's and RB Mopar Engines and I do my very best to live up to the standards taught to me by builders and racers who are now largely gone.
My family's farm has been in the farm since the late 1870's. I had to replace the 3 tractors we use because they wore out, repaired the Krone hay roller(4x5) and repaired the
hydraulic leak on the thresher. Saving for a rake/fluffer/conditioner.
I love guitars, I'm lousy as can be but I love it. I can sit and play for 3 hours and be happy as '67 field hippy in a field of sticky icky grass.
Amp Wise I go British: Love Orange and Matamp. Ever seen Beat Club ? I have an ORST that was donated as part of the backline. It came to Britain and then to me. I have a Matamp GT100 that Alex Harvey's band used and his guitarist did a mean "I was framed riff"
Does the brn-180 lower fit on the ar-180? They are really cheap now compared to when they came out:

E8FE81C7-1CE4-48C9-94EE-A28F686569A5.jpeg

I take it back.

There are people who are saying that it is a direct swap and you just need to change out the pins that retain the upper to lower.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !
I know they make a billet version of the lower also. But I don't know anything about them.

Lower for $91 link:

Picatinny ar-180 style stock:

Jmac customs knockoff stocks can also be had cheap but would ruin original look:

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Western North Carolina is nice. I spent a long weekend at Boone and Banner Elk for a nephew's wedding. Got to go to Winkler Knives Actual and ended up buying my Christmas present there.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

Before someone chimes in... I'm from the Carolinas but the only places hiring when I punched out from the Navy was AOL and Intel Corp. Guess I picked the right horse 🐎. I know a lot of the East doesn't have public lands. Doesn't change the message.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top