JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone make a 12.5 or 11.5 AR heavy barrel? Would prefer 12.5 for the build I have in mind. Melonite of chrome lined is fine for me. Mid or carbine length is fine. I don't want this to turn into a "the velocity increase on this length..." or "you would be better off with this profile..." thread. For the application I want these lengths and profile is what I am looking for. Appreciate any links or experience with brands.

Does anyone make a 12.5 or 11.5 AR heavy barrel? Would prefer 12.5 for the build I have in mind. Melonite of chrome lined is fine for me. Mid or carbine length is fine. I don't want this to turn into a "the velocity increase on this length..." or "you would be better off with this profile..." thread. For the application I want these lengths and profile is what I am looking for. Appreciate any links or experience with brands.

I've got one the Ballistic Advantage 12.5 Modern series for sale right now if you want to take look.

WTS OR - Aero Precision Ballistic Advantage 12.5" 5.56 Upper

Is that one heavy enough. I anticipate really putting some rounds through this barrel. Think "lmg build" or "saw build" but i want it compact
A lot of people have commented on how heavy it feels. I have a 16" medium contour barrel and it is a pig.

I think the Larue would hold up just fine, but it may be a waste of an accurate barrel.

You might try some of the entry level outfits like DelTon or Model 1 Sales. I seem to remember someone like Spikes or Bushmaster offering heavy profiles, too. Have you looked at KAK or JoeBob's yet?

I think the Larue would hold up just fine, but it may be a waste of an accurate barrel.

Yeah thats my thought. An "Lmg" barrel doesnt have to be 1 moa, it just needs to be able to hold rounds relatively close on target in short "burts"

A lot of people have commented on how heavy it feels. I have a 16" medium contour barrel and it is a pig.

You might try some of the entry level outfits like DelTon or Model 1 Sales. I seem to remember someone like Spikes or Bushmaster offering heavy profiles, too. Have you looked at KAK or JoeBob's yet?

My issue is no one seems to make a true heavy barrel in 12.5, I see quite a few 11.5. Yes ive checked about all the onlines store. Joebob has faxon 11.5 gunner barrels pretty reasonably priced. But, im thinking delton 11.5 is the way to go if I cant finf a 12.5

This is going to be a cool build.

Post pics when done.

Your best bet will be a cut down colt socom barrel. That will be a heavy chrome lined barrel.

Adco or Vezley can probably do it.

Or get a colt 11.5 FBI HRT heavy barrel.

This is going to be a cool build.

Post pics when done.

Your best bet will be a cut down colt socom barrel. That will be a heavy chrome lined barrel.

Adco or Vezley can probably do it.

Or get a colt 11.5 FBI HRT heavy barrel.

I was thinking I might have to have someone cut it down. Anyone local do good work that wont break the bank. Im already crying inside over what the rail is going to cost me
BLK LBL Bipod | Products

Im thinking 14" rail 12.5in barrel with a flash can that just comes to the end of the rail

The bipod and the heavy barrel are the key parts of this build. Without a bipod or heavy barrel I don't see this being too practical.

Not that making a quazi "lmg" is practical anyway but practical for the purpose I envision.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews