JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just heard on the radio that this passed 57-1

HB 3093 Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license if other state has no less stringent handgun competency requirement than Oregon

Any confirmation?

Last Edited:
According to the Oregon State Legislative Information System, HB3051 has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee - no votes have been taken.

HB3093 was approved by the House, it now moves on to the Senate, where, if it passes, would then have to be signed by the Governor to become law. Unless there is some kind of opposition in the Senate, I suspect it should pass there too. It would be nice to see Oregon open up to reciprocity for a change.

Did HB3093 pass just yesterday? I am surprised that I hadn't heard anything about it.

As I noted above, it passed the House, and now has to go to the Senate. So no, it is not law.

You can check the status of any bill by going to: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1

Up at the top right, click on "bills" and enter the number you want to check. Doing that, you'll see that the bill passed the House and is awaiting action by the Senate. This stuff is updated pretty regularly.

This sounds like it will be vague enough that it won't be a problem.

If you have an LE contact and you are an out of state permit holder, this will be the only time it might be an issue. I don't get stopped by the cops much, I so I don't run into too many problems.

I carry everywhere, and I don't go that many places that aren't free or 2A friendly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top