Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HB 3051 & 3093 Concealed Carry in other states - Oregon Victory

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by coupeowner, May 1, 2015.

1. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just heard on the radio that this passed 57-1

HB 3093 Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license if other state has no less stringent handgun competency requirement than Oregon

Any confirmation?

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Monica Cowles likes this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

According to the Oregon State Legislative Information System, HB3051 has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee - no votes have been taken.

HB3093 was approved by the House, it now moves on to the Senate, where, if it passes, would then have to be signed by the Governor to become law. Unless there is some kind of opposition in the Senate, I suspect it should pass there too. It would be nice to see Oregon open up to reciprocity for a change.

3. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    etrain16 likes this.
  4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As I noted above, it passed the House, and now has to go to the Senate. So no, it is not law.

You can check the status of any bill by going to: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1

Up at the top right, click on "bills" and enter the number you want to check. Doing that, you'll see that the bill passed the House and is awaiting action by the Senate. This stuff is updated pretty regularly.

Ed Guinn likes this.
  5. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

If passed, it would not apply for WA as they do not require a 'safety' class as Oregon does.

Dyjital likes this.
  6. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Shocking that they would pass this.

7. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

This sounds like it will be vague enough that it won't be a problem.

If you have an LE contact and you are an out of state permit holder, this will be the only time it might be an issue. I don't get stopped by the cops much, I so I don't run into too many problems.

I carry everywhere, and I don't go that many places that aren't free or 2A friendly.