JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a semi auto rifle I bought right before the ban here in WA. I've yet to shoot it and it's brand new in the box and I've come to realize it was a bit of a panic buy. I never use it, I'm wanting to sell it. I know that HB 1240 states that there can be no importing, or buying of banned weapons in WA and I also know that I can sell my rifle in oregon, to an oregon resident. But am I legally allowed to post the firearms for sale on NWfirearms if I specify that the transaction can only be done in OR/ different state to a non-washington resident? Sorry if that's a bit confusing. Thanks for any help/advice!

Yea, we've seen ads from WA residents selling scary semi-auto rifles and saying it's only available for OR / ID / out of state buyers, they seem to survive and aren't taken down by moderators etc.

You could also sell it on a third party auction site like Gunbroker. Sec 3, sub section 2(c) allows private sellers to dispose of such things to out of state buyers. Of course the sale would have to go through an FFL dealer on the out-of-state end. If I'm not mistaken, but check out the complete text of the law as passed and read it for yourself.

I found myself in a similar situation. I had a rather unique pistol that was not "washington compliant". I sent it off to a top 100 seller on that 'other website'. She provided me a prepaid shipping label and made the process pretty easy. Most shops I contacted in oregon wanted minimum 20% for consignment sales, and we've all seen firearms sit for many months, or years in those shops. But this seller charges only 10%. Of course, it IS a penny start auction and the market will determine the value. Kasey takes the absolute BEST photos and has a good following so I'm confident she'll get me the best possible price. If you'd like her contact info, PM me.

I found myself in a similar situation. I had a rather unique pistol that was not "washington compliant". I sent it off to a top 100 seller on that 'other website'. She provided me a prepaid shipping label and made the process pretty easy. Most shops I contacted in oregon wanted minimum 20% for consignment sales, and we've all seen firearms sit for many months, or years in those shops. But this seller charges only 10%. Of course, it IS a penny start auction and the market will determine the value. Kasey takes the absolute BEST photos and has a good following so I'm confident she'll get me the best possible price. If you'd like her contact info, PM me.
Awesome thank you!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR