JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new to this site I have a question for some of you hopefully I can get an answer from some of you my wife bought me a weapon for my anniversary/ retirement it a very nice piece it's a Smith and Wesson model 1006 only thing is that it came with only one magazine I have been looking for another one all over no has one and the ones that do on E Bay want some really ridiculous price's I can't see paying those fees. Any help in or would be appreciated 🙏 .Thank you Ruben Vasquez

Hello and welcome to the forum. Feel free to check out the classifieds. Maybe create post in the items wanted section or the handgun discussion section. Lots of resources and folks that check those threads that won't be looking here in the members introductions section.

S&W model 1006, 10mm cal. have a cult following. Congrats on acquiring a collector piece.
Thus, magazines will be very hard to find. Ebay is probably one of your better options.

Im not certain, but if you found a model 4506 magazine for cheap it might work.

Sadly the reason the price you are seeing on E-bay seems high is because that it the "going rate" for mags for that pistol. If it was me? Would be looking to sell that model and buy a new version the mags are still being made for. If you like the caliber a LOT of them made now. If you like a D/A version S&W is still making them and the current models will of course have mags available. This often happens when something is no longer made and there was not a ton of them made when they were still coming out of the factory. Parts get very pricey.

1715215827004.png

Aloha, Mark

Promag still makes mags for the S&W 4506. You can find them still on webstores like Midway for under 20 bucks.
Id buy just one and give it a try...
If it works buy more....

Its a rare search on the web, but some people have luck running 10mm thru 45acp mags of the same make as the gun. Ive done it with my 1911 10mm no issue. But no guarantee, some have to tweak the 45 mag feed lips.
Its a longshot (pun intended) but for less than 20 bucks Promag experiment it may give you an alternative to spending $1-200 per authentic mags on ebay... if you even win the bid.

No help on the mags, but your fortunate to have one, especially as a gift in my opinion
Never owned a 1006 but was fortunate to have some time with one in the late 90's. Hindsight rates it as about the best 10 mm I've had experience with. Heavy enough for the cartridge, and though it was a single stack my big hands seemed to wrap around it tightly and firmly. since I did not own a 10mm, and I did not load for it, so I clearly remember the disappointment when the slide locked open telling me I was out of ammo while hoping the owner offered more.
Good luck with your search.
In the mean time, get a mag loader, if they have them for the 10mm, so you can get that puppy reloaded as fast as you can and back to the fun!

From what I gathered there are 3 variations of 10mm mags for the 10xx series - all interchange but earliest mags had yellow followers. Next were white followers, and finally white followers with AccuGlide markings on metal shell. The last are most desirable, but all will work and as was noted any mags for 10xx series are hard to find and expensive. And I believe the white followers are available and will interchange with yellow followers if for some reason you need to replace a follower.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Did you know that there is website dedicated to the SW that is affiliated with NWFA? Also, check out:

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews