JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Well-played.jpg

@sobo You missed the most epic of single frequency dudes in the history of the interwebs, I think that dude had the entire sight ignoring him, and it was funny as hell reading the disjointed posts he would make, never figuring out that folks had him on ignore! :s0140::s0140::s0140:

We cant talk about him no more though, at least not by name, he went and did something really awful and we don't want to give him any credit for it!
He is long gone now, and the world is better for it!

I have to agree with a lot of what No Regerts said. There's a place for criminal justice reform, and racism is real, but you also have to see that inner cities have a cultural problem. It's not a race problem; it's about culture. For whatever reason, a young black boy born in that culture doesn't have much chance. If he's raised by a single mother, he's just as likely to get into gangs, drugs, and crime, and end up in prison, probably leaving fatherless kids and perpetuating the cycle. That's a shame. What can be done, to help give someone like that a fair chance at life? I don't know, but I don't think getting rid of the police is any kind of cure-all.

I've come to respect my co-worker. He grew up near the hood, but not in the hood. He grew up in a two parent home. We don't agree on a lot politically, but I respect his opinion and am interested in what he has to say about all this. As a young black man, he has worked his butt off and is going somewhere in life. He already owns three homes (two rentals for investment). I wish I was half as ambitious as he is.

One of my best friends is Filipino. He came from very humble beginnings, a very rough upbringing bouncing around in foster homes. He has worked hard, is raising a nice family and bought a small business that's doing very well. I think he works twice as hard as I do. He certainly has my respect.

I know racism still exists, and I've been told it's much worse in other parts of the country than here. I witnessed it myself (or rather heard about it afterwards) at my own father's funeral just a couple weeks ago. My parents had a variety of friends from diverse backgrounds, so there were several black families in attendance at the funeral, in a tiny little church way out in rural corn country in the Midwest. Apparently at the graveside later, one of my parents old neighbors and friends, a gruff 80+yo farmer, asked one of my dad's black friends, "What are all you n***ers doing here?" We were furious when we found out! How rude and disrespectful to my dad's friends, as well as his memory, at a funeral?! What can you do about that though? He's no longer welcome to come around, but you can't ban stupidity and rudeness.

I don't know; I don't have any good answers. I am open to other views and perspectives. I was even open to the BLM perspective, until I started reading their views and demands. I think they could be much more effective if they weren't so extreme and partisan. It seems like they're more interested in a big fight than any kind of understanding or realistic reform.

Once the sheeple see what like is without LEOs, the pendulum will swing the other way. The sad thing is that there will be a lot of innocents victimized before it does, but it will. My pipe dream would be to allow lethal force when defending your property, which would end the rioting right away, but dreams seldom come true, eh? :)

In Oregon, your pipe dream is already legal "in certain circumstances". Read carefully:

Last Edited:
Your pipe dream is already legal "in certain circumstances". Read carefully:

Bout damn time! Hope to God none of us ever needs to use this, but I sense this IS going to happen and some folks is gonna get real woke real quick and in a hurry like!

In Oregon, your pipe dream is already legal "in certain circumstances". Read carefully:

In the past, I've tried to tell some arse-hats of a "particular political proclivity" around here this very thing..... but would they listen?

Oh, HELL NOOOOooooooo.......... morons.

FF9E8922-DED3-45AD-A1ED-2419F48B338E.gif

Welcome to the club! My father was looking down from the ball turret of a B-17 in 44, so I agree with you whole-heartedly. He left this world in 2000 and was sick of it then. He'd be rallying the troops to get the plane back in the air if he was still around to see what's happening now.
My dad died in 1996. He built the B-17 aircraft at Boeing. He did his time in the Army before the war. They didn't recall him. I think they knew the impact the Flying Fortresses would have, and they left him at his work.

/

As an aside. I belong to more than a few forums and even though I am retired five plus years, I don't have the time or inclination to post on any particular forum very often and even less often respond to critique. In the fifteen or twenty years I have been on various and assorted forums I have yet to put anyone on 'ignore'. No matter how disagreeable, petty or how bad the name calling becomes, their opinions, information and personal takes are important to me and if I cannot support my own beliefs with facts to support them then I need to, and have, changed what I believe. To only communicate in a bubble of ideas that mirror my own would be at best boring. Anyway, best to all. Tom

/

As an aside. I belong to more than a few forums and even though I am retired five plus years, I don't have the time or inclination to post on any particular forum very often and even less often respond to critique. In the fifteen or twenty years I have been on various and assorted forums I have yet to put anyone on 'ignore'. No matter how disagreeable, petty or how bad the name calling becomes, their opinions, information and personal takes are important to me and if I cannot support my own beliefs with facts to support them then I need to, and have, changed what I believe. To only communicate in a bubble of ideas that mirror my own would be at best boring. Anyway, best to all. Tom

Take it for what its worth, but I appreciate different viewpoints, yours included. Reasonable discussion is a good thing.

:s0090:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews