JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking being everyone works if there was an evening event even a candle light event with people just showing up in support of their 2nd Amendment civil rights it also might get press that way. Its something our side has never done just an idea.

Leave the tacticool crap at home, just an organized event with no "in your face" displays of guns and gear? I would be in for that.

Maybe I would display my National Life Saving Award for performing CPR on a complete stranger that saved his life. Most gun owners aren't blood-crazed killers afterall. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the same people whom are organizing the other rallies could do this in their areas as well.

May sound silly I was driving home this evening dropping my grandaughter off and I thought
about our civil rights and I had a thought about a Civil Nights Rally. May not stick but was
in my cornball head on a quiet ride home.
Us having her around tends to put things in perspective at least for me they do.

Perhaps the same people whom are organizing the other rallies could do this in their areas as well.

May sound silly I was driving home this evening dropping my grandaughter off and I thought
about our civil rights and I had a thought about a Civil Nights Rally. May not stick but was
in my cornball head on a quiet ride home.
Us having her around tends to put things in perspective at least for me they do.

I think the main thing is to find some different ways to get the message out than what's been done before, because, at least in this state, what's been done before clearly isn't working. It's not easy to do, but coming up with new ideas that present gun owners in a positive light could really be helpful this year. If IP43 makes it on the ballot, we could have Democrats, Independents, Libertarians, etc. choosing to vote it down once they understand how the consequences of this law could extend into other areas of their lives. In this case, they're not voting for any candidate, so they can freely be a single-issue voter without having to compromise on other things that are important to them.

Something else that just came to mind - we do the cleanups of shooting areas, and that gets at least a little recognition, but what if some groups around the state did cleanups of places like city parks? Maybe have some gun safety booths there so folks could talk to gun owners and maybe even get to look at some guns they may never have seen? Get some education while the gun guys are doing some good for the community? Heck, you could even do a number of community 'gun safety fairs' where you teach all the folks that don't have much, if any, experience about guns, what to do if you find a gun, how to safely store/lock your guns, give folks a chance to get up close and personal with guns and gun owners. I'll bet you could get the various LE agencies to also be involved and do a joint venture - maybe they could hand out trigger locks at the same event? Just trying to brainstorm some ideas. I know in places like Portland, community fairs/gatherings tend to draw some good turnout as folks like to have events to show up to on the weekends.

There is a group in the Richmond Va area who has held for years, OC dinners once a month, mid week, and breakfast gatherings every Sat morn. Both are at OC friendly eating establishments.

Dinners are at different venues around town and organizers ask you ping them on how many will be attending to let the establishment know but, breakfast is normally catch as catch can!

Attendance varys due to work schedules.

Ok, a query, are you doing this for publicity & recognition?

Or

Camaraderie to foster the gathering of like minded individuals?

Two completely separate concepts with a myriad of different objectives and background planning involved?

Just pick a murder...........

Every time some poor person is killed in there own house because they did not have access to a firearm.
Maybe they were too poor? Or the gun was locked up and they could not get it in time?

We just show up at dusk with candles and build a shrine of stuffed animals and flowers.
Hold each other. And cry a lot for the cameras.

We could have ten gatherings like this a week. o_O

Last Edited:

Or

Two completely separate concepts with a myriad of different objectives and background planning involved?

Whom are you directing the question to??

Or

Whom are you directing the question to??

As you opened the floor with the initial post for open discussion on a 'press' show and tell, my guess would be you as well as to those participating in the open discussion to enable participants to quantify further consideration(s) on a meeting purpose.

Or

As you opened the floor with the initial post for open discussion on a 'press' show and tell, my guess would be you as well as to those participating in the open discussion to enable participants to quantify further consideration(s) on a meeting purpose.

All good questions, being the normal use of such a event in the evening has not been done, I could not find anything showing 2nd Amendment people doing this so to answer your question there is no precedence for this so the results are unknown. Other groups use such a meeting for unity often communities will gather when they see a huge need for civil involvement. The concept of itself is easy.
  • No speakers needed really just to open and close maybe even maybe even in prayer for those that wished to participate, for the record prayer is not always religious in nature and is how the individual sees a higher power.
  • No open carry just street clothes ( of course CC for those that would normally)
  • No cammo
  • Signs addressing our civil rights violations would be welcomed, rude and aggressive signs no.
Everyone would show up mingle and talk with each other, not a rally or protest just gather in the evening maybe twilight and discuss. Perhaps then people can take what they have shared and discussed and take to their own groups.
This is a game plan if you want to call it the antis use all the time why not us?

I have other ideas to add to this, but working on a side project that may help just not ready yet for releasing.

What we know doesn't work is Rallies, and we need to get off that Gun Rally BS.
This is a civil rights issue period about time we start treating like what it is.
Hope that helped answer your questions if you have something specific let me know.

I think the main thing is to find some different ways to get the message out than what's been done before, because, at least in this state, what's been done before clearly isn't working. It's not easy to do, but coming up with new ideas that present gun owners in a positive light could really be helpful this year. If IP43 makes it on the ballot, we could have Democrats, Independents, Libertarians, etc. choosing to vote it down once they understand how the consequences of this law could extend into other areas of their lives. In this case, they're not voting for any candidate, so they can freely be a single-issue voter without having to compromise on other things that are important to them.

Something else that just came to mind - we do the cleanups of shooting areas, and that gets at least a little recognition, but what if some groups around the state did cleanups of places like city parks? Maybe have some gun safety booths there so folks could talk to gun owners and maybe even get to look at some guns they may never have seen? Get some education while the gun guys are doing some good for the community? Heck, you could even do a number of community 'gun safety fairs' where you teach all the folks that don't have much, if any, experience about guns, what to do if you find a gun, how to safely store/lock your guns, give folks a chance to get up close and personal with guns and gun owners. I'll bet you could get the various LE agencies to also be involved and do a joint venture - maybe they could hand out trigger locks at the same event? Just trying to brainstorm some ideas. I know in places like Portland, community fairs/gatherings tend to draw some good turnout as folks like to have events to show up to on the weekends.

I'm in

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads