JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good article. Amazing that TPTB let it on the interwebs. So basically they are saying that a Haaah-verd study concludes hat the more guns a nation has, the less crime there is. The article also goes on to note that in the UK where firearms are restricted, that criminals have no problem getting them and armed crime has notably increased.
Gee, I never would have thought....

Good read. Hopefully our grabber goons can take a minute to read a 3 page article and then maybe use it on their site since they love facts/graphs/studies.

upload_2018-11-21_13-38-16.png

Careful what you ask for. I'm absolutely NOT advocating for anything on SNOPES but this has been hashed out before.
FALSE: Harvard University Study Reveals Astonishing Link Between Firearms, Crime and Gun Control

The results as always are in the eye of the beholder.
Fact Check: Did a Harvard study prove that countries with more guns have fewer crimes?
https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/1264/2013/06/Kates-Mauser.pdf
Harvard Study Embraced by Gun Rights Advocates Is Neither a "Study," Nor Really "Harvard"

I believe all of us "like minded" idividuals can see the correlation with the examples of German and the UK.
Note all the sources I provided are left leaning and notoriously biased.
Where does that leave us? us..us..us..us..

~Whitney

I'm more interested in this crap:

"We are fortunate in California to have the first and only system in the nation that tracks and identifies individuals who at one time made legal purchases of firearms but are now barred from possessing them," said Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco).

Senator Leno's measure utilizes $24 million from Dealer Record of Sale funds. That account holds fees collected during any transfer or sale of a firearm in California. Assemblyman Brian Jones (R-Santee) voted against the measure because he said the fees were intended to cover background checks – not underwrite confiscations, the Huffington Post noted."

Dealer records being used for confiscation?

Did not know that, been around since 2014 I guess:

Bill Text - SB-140 Firearms: prohibited persons.

I apologize for not vetting the article...:(

And on the same note, I trust snopes like I do the petulent little barry... :eek::rolleyes:

"Snopes" by pretending to be the arbiter of what is true, has for a long time now, allowed itself to become it's own "Urban Myth".

Snopes isn't the name of some actual-factual, for real, really smart guy that knows it all or even right from wrong. The truth is, it's name was taken from Faulkner's trilogy about the fictional Snopes family, his symbol for the grasping, destructive element in the post-bellum South. Draw your own conclusions as to whether it is actually living up to it's namesake.

"Snopes" by pretending to be the arbiter of what is true, has for a long time now, allowed itself to become it's own "Urban Myth".

Snopes isn't the name of some actual-factual, for real, really smart guy that knows it all or even right from wrong. The truth is, it's name was taken from Faulkner's trilogy about the fictional Snopes family, his symbol for the grasping, destructive element in the post-bellum South. Draw your own conclusions as to whether it is actually living up to it's namesake.
BOOM!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR