JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you paid $625, he was asking $675? I would hardly consider that a lowball offer. Now if you would have offered him $350 we'd have something to talk about.;)

Well, your numbers are close.:)

Point being, if someone offers 1-10% less than asking price, I consider that a FAIR offer.

If someone offers much lower (20% +/-) than that, I consider it a Low Ball offer.

Over the years, I have found that when I purchase something at a FAIR price, it doesn't come back to bite me.

When I took advantage of a situation (Desperate seller, no matter what the reason for the desperation), it, or something Karma wise, always did humble me.

That's just my opinion, and by no means is an attempt to make everything FAIR for anyone.:):):D:D

My point is I don't think what the number is involved in the sale matters much to your cosmic karma account. I think what matters is how both people feel about the number. I have sold a lot of things dirt cheap, for way less than what they where worth. Sometimes its because I just want the thing out of my life, sometimes because I am trying to help someone out. Sometimes maybe I am wrong about what its worth. What ever the case is If I feel good about the number and the buyer feels good about the number its a good deal.

In my book its the same for buying things. If you agree to a price, no matter how you got there, why should I feel bad about buying it? I am not holding a gun to your head, I am not threatening you. I was straight with you and you where straight with me and we came up with a number. If you are accepting I am assuming you think this is the best you can do. If its not the best you can do why are you agreeing to the transaction? If you are really hard up for money and have to dump it today, boy that sucks, We have all been there. But chances are if we are talking its because I am willing to bail you out out of your thing at 50% of what its worth because no one else is willing to pay more today, right now. I am sure you want more, but I don't want it unless its a smokin hot deal. So whats better, You not selling it at all for what ever desperate reason you need to sell it or getting what we agreed on to save yourself? Why am I the bastard because you got yourself into a pickle?

If its truly a desperate deal, like you are going to lose your house if you don't get some money to the bank today or your kids haven't eaten a real meal in a week. And depending on your character (if your a heroin addict I don't much care that the bank is taking your house) I am just as likely to give you the money and let you keep the thing. I might say its a loan, I might just hand you the cash and wish you the best. That is not a hypothetical "what if" Ive actually done it and I think most good folks have done some version of that at some point in their life to help out a stranger.

If your desperate because someone else has a different gun that you want to buy that is a great deal but your short $500 and I am willing to give you $500 for a $900 rifle that you don't give a flying flip about, why does that make me a bad guy? I wouldn't give you the $900, I am only buying it because its a great deal and If I don't buy it either someone else will or you will miss out on what you really want.

Now if a person lies to get a better deal, tries to force someone to do something they don't want or does some other equally nasty thing to try and manipulate the deal. Sure, what comes around goes around. I want a great deal but I am not going to lie or steal to get one. (If you pay some widow $10 for something that is worth $500 that is theft, not a good deal) That comes down to morals and standards. My experience is about 98.5% of people are fair to deal with. The ones who are not either believe there own lies or are just outright thieves. Either way there is no "fair" deal with those people. If they paid you double what you wanted its still a bad deal. Best thing to do is be able to recognize those people and get them out of your life as fast as possible.

44mag
You are wrong . . . There IS a product being sold here. I am the recipient of a VERY GOOD deal because I have spent my time reading these posts. I have been well rewarded for doing so.
I have gathered some insight in the area of integrity and I am grateful for that.

Sheldon

I have gathered some insight in the area of integrity
And you blatantly tell somebody they are wrong?

Try something like this next time. "I understand your position however I believe there is a product being sold here and because of my time spent reading the posts I have been well rewarded for doing so." "Also I have gathered some insight in the area of integrity and I am grateful for that."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top