JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate Autofill not because it's dangerous but because 9 times out of 10 it takes my correctly spelled word and changes it to something wrong. On the upside: sometimes it's so wrong it's friggin' hilarious.

I hate Autofill not because it's dangerous but because 9 times out of 10 it takes my correctly spelled word and changes it to something wrong. On the upside: sometimes it's so wrong it's friggin' hilarious.

Your thinking about auto correct.

AutoFill puts your name and password into websites that ask for that info.

the autofill uses previously entered name/address/phone # info so you control the spelling. It is different from auto-correct.

The one thing you should never ever ever have your browser remember is your passwords

nothng we do on the internet is safe. ( yahoo hack, government hacked, fish and wildlife hacked, blue cross/ regence hacked, los angeles county employee records hacked, target hacked, ). just assume anything you type on your keyboard is permanent and forever, and some one, some where will eventually hack it.

The one thing you should never ever ever have your browser remember is your passwords

Uhh yeah if you are using an unsecured device/computer that doesn't encrypt everything.

Or anyone using Windows computers or Android mobile devices.

This requires you to start filling in the boxes, that I can tell. Remedy: don't fill in boxes in phishing emails.

I definitely use autofill for my passwords. No way I could remember all my passwords otherwise. It said Firefox is immune, and I use that. Also run linux and a substantial firewall.

I'm curious what you do then. Type your passwords in manually?

This requires you to start filling in the boxes, that I can tell. Remedy: don't fill in boxes in phishing emails.

I definitely use autofill for my passwords. No way I could remember all my passwords otherwise. It said Firefox is immune, and I use that. Also run linux and a substantial firewall.

I'm curious what you do then. Type your passwords in manually?

Yes - I always type my passwords in manually. I have a set of passwords for forums/mails/etc and a different set for financial sites (CU, credit cards, and so on). I have a system for those passwords which I can remember, but I won't go into here - suffice to say, they are strong passwords made up of nonsensical characters and numbers that cannot be guessed but that I can remember.

I don't change my passwords periodically - it does not improve your security. The only time I change them is at work where that policy is enforced.

I have never been hacked in the sense of someone guessing my password. The only time that really happens is due to a flaw in the backend system where passwords are stored, and there are well known, well tested methodologies for securely storing passwords; you don't store the password, you store a secure "hash" of the password.

I have had credit card #s of mine be supposedly among those stolen by hackers, but never had them used in that theft - such as Home Depot or Harbor Freight. My CU issued me a new CC when that happened.

Some years ago I had someone make an unauthorized charge to my CC in Turkey when I was not there (never been there) - CC company caught it. That has to do with CCs though, not passwords.

I am very careful about the emails I receive; I rarely click on their links - especially not if it is from a financial institution. I type in the proper URL manually. I do get a lot of phishing email - most of it is caught by my filters.

The autofill I don't worry too much about - that address/etc. info is available by googling my name and it won't get you into any of my accounts unless you call in, and even then it shouldn't get you in without more info (e.g., mother's maiden name, where I went to school, the last charge I made on my credit card).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top