Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

H&R Topper 58, single-shot 12 gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Feedback
30 / 0 / 0
I am cleaning out the toys that don't get used very often, to make room for more toys!

This is an H&R Topper, model 58, a single-shot, break-action 12 gauge. It has seen some wear, not in the best shape, so it became a 'project gun.' By which I mean the barrel got shortened for the express purpose that it was a good idea at the time. I am a very amateur gunsmith, so the barrel edge is a bit rough.

Mechanically, it's in great shape, functions perfectly, it ejects spent shells five or six feet away every time. Fun to shoot one-handed, if you have the courage to do so.

It only weighs about five pounds, so recoil even with #8 birdshot is rather high.

Asking $80, can meet in Portland or Salem areas, or in between. It comes with the shotshell holder seen in the pic.

Finally got myself a pump-action, so I don't feel too bad letting this one go. :)

****ITEM IS SOLD*****

Reactions
Feedback
39 / 1 / 0
Whats the barrel length? Specify if your measuring from the bolt face to tip or the reciever to tip. What's the overall length?

Feedback
64 / 0 / 0
Whats the barrel length? Specify if your measuring from the bolt face to tip or the receiver to tip. What's the overall length?
Kind of hard to measure to the bolt face since this firearm does not have a bolt. On this type of firearm the receiver face is what would be the bolt face on a bolt action firearm (rear of chamber) :s0155: At least if I understand your question right.

Would be nice to know the measurement from the rear of the chamber to the barrel end though.

Reactions
Feedback
39 / 1 / 0
Kind of hard to measure to the bolt face since this firearm does not have a bolt. On this type of firearm the receiver face is what would be the bolt face on a bolt action firearm (rear of chamber) :s0155: At least if I understand your question right.

Would be nice to know the measurement from the rear of the chamber to the barrel end though.

Yeah yeah yeah. Didn't know a better way to put it though.

OP
judicator
Reactions
Feedback
30 / 0 / 0
Thank all of you for your interest, the barrel length from the rear edge of the chamber, where it meets the action, to the end of the barrel is a little over 19 inches.

It is a lot of fun to shoot, but I need to replace it with a decent pump-action, as I currently don't have one.

The reason it doesn't get used, work has been crazy lately, plus I'm taking two night classes, just isn't enough time in the day. Hopefully that will change here in a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider