JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am cleaning out the toys that don't get used very often, to make room for more toys!

This is an H&R Topper, model 58, a single-shot, break-action 12 gauge. It has seen some wear, not in the best shape, so it became a 'project gun.' By which I mean the barrel got shortened for the express purpose that it was a good idea at the time. I am a very amateur gunsmith, so the barrel edge is a bit rough.

Mechanically, it's in great shape, functions perfectly, it ejects spent shells five or six feet away every time. Fun to shoot one-handed, if you have the courage to do so.

It only weighs about five pounds, so recoil even with #8 birdshot is rather high.

Asking $80, can meet in Portland or Salem areas, or in between. It comes with the shotshell holder seen in the pic.

Finally got myself a pump-action, so I don't feel too bad letting this one go. :)

****ITEM IS SOLD*****

Whats the barrel length? Specify if your measuring from the bolt face to tip or the receiver to tip. What's the overall length?

Kind of hard to measure to the bolt face since this firearm does not have a bolt. On this type of firearm the receiver face is what would be the bolt face on a bolt action firearm (rear of chamber) :s0155: At least if I understand your question right.

Would be nice to know the measurement from the rear of the chamber to the barrel end though.

Kind of hard to measure to the bolt face since this firearm does not have a bolt. On this type of firearm the receiver face is what would be the bolt face on a bolt action firearm (rear of chamber) :s0155: At least if I understand your question right.

Would be nice to know the measurement from the rear of the chamber to the barrel end though.

Yeah yeah yeah. Didn't know a better way to put it though.

Thank all of you for your interest, the barrel length from the rear edge of the chamber, where it meets the action, to the end of the barrel is a little over 19 inches.

It is a lot of fun to shoot, but I need to replace it with a decent pump-action, as I currently don't have one.

The reason it doesn't get used, work has been crazy lately, plus I'm taking two night classes, just isn't enough time in the day. Hopefully that will change here in a month or two.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.