JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a very lightly used usp 40 compact from a member on here and it honestly looked unfired. I went to shoot it earlier today and it fired one magazine flawlessly. Then I started getting light primer strikes and now it wont fire at all? Do you guys have any idea on how to fix it? I love the gun and want it to be my everyday carry gun.

Light primer strikes could be one of a few things. Most common is overly hard primers. If your using factory ammo this is less likely. Another culprit could be somebody did some crazy gunsmithing, cut some coils on the hammer spring to lighten up the trigger and now there isn't alot of umpf snapping the hammer into the fireing pin. Another idea could be damage to the fireing pin.

I tried remington value pack ball ammo and federal 180gr flat nose ammo, all factory loads. Thanks for the info, I'm going to take a wild guess and same the fireing pin is damaged. When I tried dry firing the gun the happen drops quickly and hard as it should.

If you check out h&k website then you see my name asking the same question you are asking but mine was like 8 years ago. I got responded from other guys from hk forum is to place a pencil #2 with eraser into to barrel and pull the trigger. Check your pencil for sraight mark, if the mark are too light then send it back to hk.

I sold the gun dirt cheap and never look back at hk. Even i still like the way it in my arm and the range report but it failed me.

If you check out h&k website then you see my name asking the same question you are asking but mine was like 8 years ago. I got responded from other guys from hk forum is to place a pencil #2 with eraser into to barrel and pull the trigger. Check your pencil for sraight mark, if the mark are too light then send it back to hk.

I sold the gun dirt cheap and never look back at hk. Even i still like the way it in my arm and the range report but it failed me.

I really like the gun, so I want to try to fix it, not sell it. I would rather just fix it myself or take it to a local gunsmith to have it fixed rather than send it back to H&K.

I FIXED it! There was simply a piece of what looked like a primer in the firing pin hole. It was caked along the inside wall and I think causing the firing pin to slow enough to not ignite the primers! I just ran 2 magazines through the gun and she rins great again. I checked all my empties and they have good primer strikes. I also checked the empties from before are they all had their primers still intact so it must have been from ther prevous owner. Either way I am much happier now that my gun works the way it's supposed to!

Now I am wondering if someone was shooting some crazy reloads in this gun that caused a primer to break apart? Or was it just a fluke?

Yeah, it sounds to me like the previous owner was using low quality or out of spec ammunition. Either way, I am glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem, and would like to see a range report on how the gun handles and hits next time you take it out!

Glad you got it figured out. I keep looking at a USPc.

I bought a used gun that had the recoil spring installed backwards. Shot the first mag okay but started getting soft primer strikes. By the 25th round or so you could see the slide moving with partial trigger pull.

Took the slide off and the recoil spring had worked its way half way up the guide rod. Took a few minutes to work it the rest of the way through. Eventually got the spring loose and turned it around. Worked flawlessly after that.

I used these guys,<broken link removed>, to have my LEM trigger installed on my Fullsize USP 40 instead of sending it to HK. They are an HK certified armorer and do great work, and get your gun back to you fast.

I FIXED it! There was simply a piece of what looked like a primer in the firing pin hole. It was caked along the inside wall and I think causing the firing pin to slow enough to not ignite the primers! I just ran 2 magazines through the gun and she rins great again. I checked all my empties and they have good primer strikes. I also checked the empties from before are they all had their primers still intact so it must have been from ther prevous owner. Either way I am much happier now that my gun works the way it's supposed to!

Now I am wondering if someone was shooting some crazy reloads in this gun that caused a primer to break apart? Or was it just a fluke?
Sometimes things like that can happen from firing one fluke round through a gun. It is not a clear indicator of abuse or anything. Just be glad it was something so simple. In fact, the fact that the first rounds fired perfectly means it probably happened from one of those rounds.

pm me the serial number and I will tell you if it is or not. The gun looks new.

Now I am wondering is that my old gun? ha ha ha, it would be so funny that someone here got it.

I replaced the firing pin assembly just incase. I honestly don't think anything was damaged but I am anal when it comes to my carry gun.

As far as the problems being caused from my ammo, I don't think it was. Only because I found all my empties and their primers were still intact.

I dont keep the serial number but I sold it to a guy that work at Intel and live in Cornellilus. He drives blue Ford F150 or F250 pick up truck. Gun look brand new when I sold it to him. He later told me that he tried other ammo as well, and it failed to fired. He have to cocked the hammer couple time for it to bang...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top