JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Rossi model 92 (copy of a Winchester 1892) and understand that its condition--crude, poorly finished--would improve with special attention from a gunsmith. I read that a little industry has developed for slicking up these guns. Does anyone know of a gunsmith in SW Washington or NW Oregon who would be a good choice for this project? (Or would it be best to ship the rifle to a specialty shop elsewhere?) Thank you!

the 1st person that comes to mind is joe alvez/pioneer gun works in albany,oregon.
Excellent cowboy gun sliker-upper.

I'll ask around amongst my cowboy shooter friends for some more recomendations.

If the gun is new or close to it,levering it several hundred times can and will wear it in some.I dono't advise dry firing it...personal opiniion about dry firing guns...but just lever it while watching tv ,etc.

here's 2 mor thoughs on 'smiths. Either Ken Starnes or David Seth would do it I'm sure. ken is just a bit North of Lewsville park,and David is right in Amboy by the Thriftway market.A friend says turn around time with David is a bit quicker,and he's been very happy with his work.

Hi
Just to let you know that I have taken a Certified Cowboy Action Armorer Course and if you would like and have the time bring it over and we can get it done. I live on SE 172nd Ave.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR