JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I scored a great deal on a handgun through auction at Gunbroker.

I am having trouble finding a local FFL who will accept a shipped firearm from a private party.

I am in Dallas, but work in Corvallis and am in Salem quite often.

Would be willing to drive a bit to get this finished.

Any one have recommendations?

Dan

Yes, but I have found several FFL's here in Oregon who will not accept them.

One very popular gunshop even told me it was illegal.

Not sure exactly why, maybe they don't like the little extra paperwork.

No biggie, Mikes Guns in Keizer Or was great. Fast, very friendly and helpful. And cheaper transfer fee then I usually pay.

Too often FFL's think they "know it all" but are mistaken. I know I have been misinformed or confused(daily). That's what the internet is for, Google it, if you have questions. BATFE site has all you need, it's just that the language is sometimes a little difficult to follow.
Sometimes FFL's and store people don't want to admit they don't know or just don't want your business...

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

All you need is a copy of the drivers license of the person sending the gun and check the numbers on the gun when you receive it.

Not legal for across border transfers, must be received by an FFL and, as the OP is finding out, lots won't accept a gun from a private seller unless also sent from an FFL.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Fifty 1 Fifty 3 Tactical in Monmouth does incoming transfers for $35. The guy who owns it is a real stand up guy and is very willing to help out with getting firearms shipped. Im sure he can help you out.
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top