JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hi my name is Mike I went to the exbo center today I was denied a gun sale due to a misdemeanor 20 years ago keep in mind this was just the questionnaire not the back ground check
when i looked on Oregon laws that stated up to 4 years of a misdemeanor can any one advice me 1st time gun owner thank you

class C
Hey Mike...welcome to the forum. Was it for a conviction of domestic violence?
  • After January 1, 1990, was found to be mentally ill and subject to an order that the person be prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm as a result of that mental illness; or
  • Has been convicted of a "misdemeanor involving violence" or found "guilty except for insanity" of a misdemeanor involving violence7 within the previous four years. A "misdemeanor involving violence" means assault in the fourth degree, strangulation, menacing, recklessly endangering another person, or intentionally subjecting another to offensive physical contact because of a perception of the other's race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation.8 I found this on line my issue was class c

Consult a lawyer who specializes in this type of misdemeanors. I expunged my class C without a lawyer, but it was an old pot bust in Utah back in 1980.

I am not sure why people think the members here know everything and why they would trust them on such a sensitive matter. They could be right and they could be wrong.

Please go find an attorney and get the answers that your looking for.

I was thinnin the heard a while back and I put the word out. Guy I knew called and said he had a friend that was interested in what I was selling. I told him from the get go I dont want to deal with any criminals or felons and that we would go to my FFL to do the transfer. "No problem". So I make the arrangements and meet the guy at my FFL and reiterate, "Nothing personal but if you're a criminal or a felon lets just save each other the time". The guy said the only thing he had was a drunk driving ticket but that was a long time ago. So, we were there and I dont know the law about that so we went in and he filled out the 4473. After a couple minutes of looking at the screen my FFL says "Wow, thats the first denial I've ever gotten". Turns out the guy was not so long off his ticket and was still under some kinda probation. Then I get to pay the fee to get my frickin weapons transferred back to me. Yup thats the way it works. Couple weeks later I hear through the grapevine that the guy had a sheriff show up on his porch and gave him a ticket for attempting to buy. Thats how it works.

Secret lists of offenders was made famous in East Germany.

Until 1968 convicted felons could buy firearms. Now BS stops you from your God given right

So do you feel infringed on yet?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews