JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Although they are keeping a low profile at this time, I feel that gun grabbers are waiting and hoping for a major shooting (the assasination of a prominent person or another large school slaughter) to crawl out of the woodwork. Of course, this is only a matter of time.
But, if a major gun registration scam or outright ban is ever enacted, here is something that you ought to know: In the 1966 case of "Haynes V US Government", the Supreme Court ruled that CONVICTED FELONS DO NOT HAVE TO OBEY ANTI-GUN LAWS! Although I am not an attorney, I think their logic was that:
1. No person can be compelled to testify against himself or
2. To incriminate himself.
Therefore, a FELON (who is prohibeted from possessing firearms) could not be forced to obey any gun laws that would require him to report that he had guns lest he incriminate himself.
But, if you are a law-abiding citizen, then this protection does not apply to you! What a world we live in!!

Although they are keeping a low profile at this time, I feel that gun grabbers are waiting

I don't have a crystal ball, but in December Obama will sign the UN Climate Change Treaty. That treaty cedes sovereignty to the UN. When that happens America will be under all UN laws, that includes their well known civilian gun ban laws.

The only part of what I just said that isn't fact yet is that Obama will sign it. Does anyone here believe he won't?

Treaties signed by the POTUS have to to be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. That's pretty hard to get done.

Watch for more tea parties and even more if Obama signs anything like that. Enough is Enough. :s0155:

Um, dario, I think your interpretation goes beyond what the Supreme Court intended. This ridiculous decision is limited to a felon required to register because he'd be incriminating him/herself. But, if he/she is caught in possession, he is toast. A charge reading something like "in possession of unregistered firearm" would not stick, as you pointed out. But, he/she will not get any protection against other charges like "felon in possession of firearm".

For the felons. What do you do if they catch a felon with a gun?

They'll charge him with illegally possessing a weapon.

About a year ago a convicted felon was arrested in down town portland because they found a loaded firearm under the sea he was sitting in.

It was thrown out of court because the judge didn't see that the officers had a legal right to search his vehicle.

He was parked in a high drug traffic area, sitting in his car they asked him some questions, he was acting funny so they asked to search his car, he consented, and they officers found the gun.
Boom!
Another bad guy in the streets with a gun. And now he's above the law.

It's nice our convicted felons have better rights than us.

It is no secret that judges are constantly ordering the authorities to turn criminals back onto the streets because "jails are too crowded." "We don't want these poor crooks to be uncomfortable." "They need their TV and other comforts of life." "BOO, HOO! Those poor criminals!"

Not to mention all the gangs and criminal enterprises that still continue to kill and run their business from jail.

Where has this country gone?

I was thinking we have enough evidence to start a court case People vs. The United States for violation of our constitutional rights.
And let us arm ourselves to the right extent of our current situation.

But then again they would probably just say the current constitution no longer fits the country we live in today and the friendly Gov't we have is going to re-write the entire thing in "the peoples" favor."

I'm sorry but this country is a joke and is makes me sick everyday. I've been looking into what other small country I could move to. (If I win the lottery that is)

Great quote and no doubt a great man.

I'm in favor of gun control in the way that people who commit dangerous crimes with weapons be punished to the greatest extent of the law. No DA deals, no let of because of over crowding, and definetly not giving criminals better treatment and more rights than a law abiding citizen.
But leting those law abiding citizens have free reign with those weapons. Open carry etc.

One of my favorite quotes was Robert Feinlein.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are always good when one has to back is acts with his life.

Something like that.
The Gov't is contantly taking away our rights to give more to the criminals.

Question is, when will the vigalantes begins????
Los pepes?

GunControl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews