Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun appraisal

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by dangerranger, Mar 15, 2016.

1. dangerranger

dangerranger Salem, OR New Member

I have recently bought a lot of guns from a widow, a few are older and I am not sure the values. Does anyone know somewhere in salem that appraises guns or someone that could tell me more about a couple of them? The Main one I am curious about is a 1894 winchester .32 WS. Octagon barrel. I'm finding lots of mixed information online. Thanks.

2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

3. dangerranger

WOW according to those sites it's a 1904... alot older then I thought.

4. dangerranger

Thank you Mike for the reply!

Mikej likes this.
  5. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What is the over all condition? Rust on the barrel/receiver. Wood missing from the stock?

Picture?

As I said in another thread on NWFA. There is an Oregon Arms collector show in PDX this weekend. Google it for exacts. There will be guys there that can give info. They are better than going to a gun shop that sells consignment if you're looking for top dollar. That .32 WS is a spendy little round! Better than a $1.00/round.

6. dangerranger

It's in decent shape, I'll post pictures tonight. No wood missing woods in good shape. Minor rust