JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody want to go in on this? :D

1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake for Sale - 1-of-1 Shelby Mustang GT500 Auctioned by Mecum

screen-shot-2018-12-11-at-12-18-39-pm-1544548745.png

If I got in that thing those tires are gone in an hour. A million dollar car cannot be driven properly as one with that kind of horse power. I had a 67 Mustang Fastback with a 390 4 speed when I was a senior in high school and the year after. Got more tickets in those 2 years than the rest of my entire life.

If I was going to get stupid with a lot of money on a vehicle, this would be a start.

Brand-new classic Ford Broncos now on sale

A friend bought a 76 Mustang II Cobra with the 302 5 speed in early 1977. We were riding around in it and he said how so you do a burn out with this car ?? He asked me to show him how to do a burn out. :eek::eek::):)

Now we were a bit altered, not a lot but loosened up pretty good. I wound that car up to about 5 grand and dropped the clutch in 2nd gear. That thing just went up in smoke, posi taking it sideways, hooked up and off we went. He said show me again, which I did about 5 times and then he tried it got the hang of in about 3 trys and then proceeded to do about a dozen burnouts. Those tires were shot in two weeks after he bought it. That was a bizarre experience. I see him about twice a year and that always comes up.

A friend bought a 76 Mustang II Cobra with the 302 5 speed in early 1977. We were riding around in it and he said how so you do a burn out with this car ?? He asked me to show him how to do a burn out. :eek::eek::):)

Now we were a bit altered, not a lot but loosened up pretty good. I wound that car up to about 5 grand and dropped the clutch in 2nd gear. That thing just went up in smoke, posi taking it sideways, hooked up and off we went. He said show me again, which I did about 5 times and then he tried it got the hang of in about 3 trys and then proceeded to do about a dozen burnouts. Those tires were shot in two weeks after he bought it. That was a bizarre experience. I see him about twice a year and that always comes up.

When I was 14 (in Georgia) my brother I testdrove my future car, a very shiny dark green 68 Mustang coupe (I was a poor Georgia boy at the time).
We drove up the street out of earshot of the dealer to a big church parking lot & roasted the tires off that thing. We had so much fun that day that I plopped down $150 as a down payment ($650 sale price in 1973) & my mom cosigned for me. I was a Bell Hop at a Howard Johnson motel in Macon Ga making $1.25 per hour.:p
I asked the salesman about the motor, he said "It sure as Hell ain't stock" and I told him "I know"!!!...:p:p:p

The wife says she'll put $10k on it...:cool:
She loves Mustangs!!!

Very cool car. I wouldn't change tire size, but I would change lots of tires if I owned that beauty.
But one is expensive enough. At least I got a chance to take it out for a stroll today.
December drive.jpg

Ironically, whoever ends up paying stupid money for that "performance" car will probably never drive it how it was intended. Likely won't even be a "car guy". It'll just be an investment to him.

given the frustration of saturated travel routes and legal limitations on any public highway I've never understood the irrational preoccupation with 'performance' excesses....even in those long-ago days when my own thoughts were of high horsepower & unimpeded road ahead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top