JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, now that I got past the issue of my 'pristine' Blackhawk I bought I picked up a set of the Houge finger groove grips for it today. I have to say while I like the ones on my friends SUPER Blackhawk I do not care for them on my .357 BH. Reality is they did not fit that will and when I did get them to 'sort of' fit I did not like the feel on my lighter Blackhawk. Question - Has anyone used the Pachmayer 'Presentation' grips on a Blackhawk? They do not have the finger grooves, and are more traditionally styled but are larger and more hand filling than the little stock wood ones. Chime in please!

i have a set on my new to me new model in 45 colt i have large hands and it is a great fit and feel and not much more then the factory grips in size they just have a tad extra wrap around

I used Hogues on my first New Model 41. The fit great and I liked them, however that doesn't sound like what you experience.
Pachmayer Presentation grips do not have finger grooves. I have a set for a Super Blackhawk. Wish they would have fit as nicely as the Hogue's I mentioned previously...

What I have heard is that some don't care for the change of recoil with the new grips. The original grips let the gun roll in your hand a bit,where as the rubber grips don't and give more push back recoil.

I always kept the stock type for 357 blackhawks and I don't care for 44mag handguns,though

The houge grips feel nice, but look absurd, and do not fit well. The pachmayr grips are not any more comfortable than the stock wood ones and look horrible as well. The best fitting/comfy ones are custom wood target grips.

The houge grips feel nice, but look absurd, and do not fit well.
They feel nicer on a SUPER Blakhawk than they did on my .357 (and they did not fit properly either) so I took them back. I have had a set of the Pachmayer Presentation grips before and liked the feel but I agree, a nice set of wood grips complement a SA revolver but they are too expensive SO it Looks like a good winter project to me!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top