JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to a reviewer it worked just fine for a G45/TLR-2 combo. TBH the reviews aren't stellar. Interesting idea, but I'd much prefer a custom made holster for my exact gun/light. That holster appears to try and be a "one size fits all" type of thing. And my experience with one size fits all…..it usually doesn't very well.

I have not tried the holster/light combo, but do have plenty of time with the standard Omnivore holster. If you have several different brands of guns or even the same gun in various sizes (say a G21, G34, G19, etc), it can be quite versatile. I use mine primarily for general range work and at speed steel/USPSA matches.

Cons: You only get two locking blocks per holster (they do offer a a two pack available separately). Having less blocks limits the total number of guns you can have set up at any given time (having more can be handy if taking several guns out for a range day).

The gun has to have a rail for the system to work. The above mentioned locking blocks attach to the rail, which then interfaces with the holster to (lock) the gun in place, thus tying up rail space. That can be very problematic if you wanted to switch to a concealed carry type holster on the fly (no free lunch but it can be done in a minute or two if you happen to have a screw driver handy) or if you want to run a WML. Blackhawk remedied this somewhat by offering a couple versions for the StreamLight and Surefire lights.

It's a retention holster. You have to depress the thumb lever down before you can draw. It's a natural motion, so not really an issue at all.

Pros: It comes with two mounting plates. A traditional belt loop style plate and a paddle style plate. The paddle plate is plenty secure for general range work/competition and is my preferred setup due to the ease of donning and removing the holster with minimal fuss.

The locking block holds the gun in the holster very securely too. The gun is not coming out till you depress the thumb lever.

The thumb lever comes with two extra pads so that you can adjust the height of where your thumb falls on the lever (lever has a serrated pad molded in as the default setting) the other two pads are screwed down onto it.

The system it free floating. The locking block is the only thing in contact with the holster, thus no holster wear. That my or may not be an important feature to you (I don't much care one way or another but if wear can be prevented, why not take advantage)?

The Omnivore is a very stout holster. Nothing feels cheap on it and at around $60, pretty good value for what you get. Also, a good portion of the holster is covered in "soft touch" polymer. A nice touch (pun intended).

Lastly, my review doesn't really help with the OP's question, but at least folks can get a better idea of the Omnivore holster in general and if it would be a suitable holster option for them.

As far as the guns that I have used with the Omnivore, they are as follows: M&P fullsize in both 4.25 and 5 inch barrels. M&P compact with 4 inch barrel. Taurus TX22. Sig 226 X5 and a Sig 320 X5. I even got it to work with a G48 with a Recover rail adaptor! I had to mod the heck out of the rear trigger guard area to be able to get a proper grip on the gun though. That Omnivore is now dedicated to use with the G48 only. I'm sure something like the M&P Shield EZ or similarly sized smaller framed gun with a rail would work just fine with it though.

Is it perfect? No, but it works for my needs and I give the Blackhawk Omnivore two thumbs up. As always, YMMV.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads