JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for suggestions for grip options for my S&W 637. Currently have smooth wood boot grips. Very concealable, but constantly have to adjust my grip when shooting +p loads. I used to have a Rossi j frame with larger rubber grips. Much easier to shoot, but always caused my shirt to ride up and got caught in clothing when drawing weapon. Guess I am looking for the best of both worlds. Anyone have first hand experience with a good product that they would recommend?

I really like S&W's boot grips.. small but grippy.
SKU# 413030000

413030000_lg.jpg

I've bought a number of grips from Altamont and have always found the operation a solid one. Returns are quick and easy in the event the grips just don't fit your hand or some other factor.

These are designed to give you a full grip, natural point of aim and they ride 1/4" to 3/8" higher on the frame than other grips in their class. I haven't tried them with an alloy frame but I did run 50 .357 magnums through my model 60 with the only problem being powder blast to the face. 39991084_895999167263894_5960888838426460160_n-X3.jpg

These are designed to give you a full grip, natural point of aim and they ride 1/4" to 3/8" higher on the frame than other grips in their class. I haven't tried them with an alloy frame but I did run 50 .357 magnums through my mod
These are designed to give you a full grip, natural point of aim and they ride 1/4" to 3/8" higher on the frame than other grips in their class. I haven't tried them with an alloy frame but I did run 50 .357 magnums through my model 60 with the only problem being powder blast to the face. View attachment 517867
They look great. Who makes them?

www.culinagrips.com the only finished set I have in stock right now is a set in Padauk with a high gloss tru-oil finish, for every day carry I would recommend a tung oil finish and waxed; in something that is hard and durable like Turkish Walnut, Circassian Walnut, even Eastern Maple or cocobolo but those will weigh about an ounce more than the walnuts. Most customer like that high gloss finish so that is how we finish most of them.

Crimson Trace are what I'd recommend, they they bring a whole new capability to the snub, would not consider carrying one without them.

+1

J frames have tiny sights that are hard to see in good light, much less in reduced light. A laser lets you avoid having to use the tiny iron sights, keep your eyes on the threat and maintain situational awareness, and makes it possible to aim and shoot from awkward positions. The Crimson Trace J frame grips are rubber and comfortable.

9sm6j7l.jpg

Last Edited:
Are you carrying it? Grippy can be bad depending on how you carry it. I replaced the grippy S&W boot grips on my 442 with a set of Hogue extreme smooth g10 grips. My 442 is carried on the ankle and the rubber grips were grabbing my pants leg. The G10 grips solved that problem.

They have a very fine texture on them, not totally smooth. I have no issues with control.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top