JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All!

Greetings and respect to the Forum Owner, Admin, Mods, and membership!

I'm Rick Shaw, lifelong firearms and knife enthusiast. I currently live on the "other side"of the fat free, dairy free, vegan, organic, selfish, twisted, and Prius driving State of California. Long time member of the Calguns forum and proud 2A supporter. I am a member of the political party represented by "R" ....largely because I feel that our best effort at being good citizens and good neighbors, is to TRY our best, NOT to act "like a D."..... LOL.

So I'm just wrapping up a career that has had me rooted in the SF Bay Area of California with no other options to move. However...now that retirement nears, I am really looking at the Northwest for the fishing, hunting, clean air, and a place to enjoy my slingshots and cap guns!
Sort of leaning towards Washington State. But I really don't know what's out there for me! SOMEDAY, I hope to check off the purchase of an SBR and hopefully a can. I dream of having a place where I might be able to have a small range on the property....and maybe a stream for fishing!

I'm hoping to get great advice from great people on the boards, and if I can pitch in with my very limited teaspoon of experience and knowledge, I will give freely with no ego, and no drama.

Thank you for allowing me in!

Rick

Welcome, sadly as DirectDrive mentioned OR, and WA, are working real hard to become CA. That said we can use all the help we can get! There are two reasons these states are going down the drain. One is people moving here from places that went bad. Problem is the ones who love left then start tying to turn new home just like the sewer they left. Two is gun owners voting or lack there of. So by all means when you can leave that job head north. LOTS of great places left here. If you move to any of these states, OR, WA OR ID, just make sure you VOTE for the people who are doing the least damage. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. As others have noted, while the NW is a wonderful place, they are working very hard to turn us into CA North. Unfortunately there are more of them than there are of us. Not sure how much longer we have. Still, any new voters who come this way and can help fight with their vote is certainly appreciated and welcome!

Welcome from the Couv. :D Where to live in the NW? No income tax in Wa state.;)
Skamania County is nice rural area. I like the Spokane and N Idaho area but have
not spent a winter there.:oops: OR/WA have such diverse climates From Coastal rain forest to
High Dessert. How about RV around the NW for a while?:oops: Good luck enjoy retirement.:p

Welcome to the forums. I'm just over the mountain from you ;) We busted out of SoCal 5 years ago and never looked back. I would love to be a little (lot) more north, this is where the money is right now, but we visit the north often and much of our family is in Idaho/Montana. Good luck with your move to freer America!

Coming from a CA transplant myself, I'd say head to Eastern Washington or Idaho.

Western Washington isn't much different than California... And a piece of land big enough to shoot on, as well as far enough away and not restricted by local laws isn't that easy or cheap to come by.

Puget Sound today is the Bay Area of 1990... Keep on heading nor'east, Rick.

Thank you all so very much for the warm welcomes and kind advice! Wow! You're all such great people! Thank you!! Can I please be your neighbor?.

I will absolutely want to take a look at the Northwest as a whole, and see where I might fit in. And I do sincerely promise to support local and state rights that protect our freedoms.

And if I end up being your neighbor, I would be happy to share my Costco hauls with you, help you when you need a hand, and fix you a nice meal now and then.

As an aside, while I enjoy pretty much all types of firearms...I have a particular interest in the "unusual." Take downs, bullpups, changeable calibers, derringers. I really like derringers...hence the avatar I just put up. It's from 21 Jump Street. A "COP" .357 in Stainless...but you already knew that I'll bet. I love it because it looks so much like the old Pepperbox vest pocket guns I've been fascinated with since I was a kid.

I also like sharp pointy cutty things. Especially the handmade ones. It's really as much as the dear people I've met as the knives. But together it makes for a permanent spot in my home.

My current fave makers are (in no particular order) Ken Onion, Bob Kramer, Late Phill Hartsfield, Jerry Fisk, Ed Fowler, Jerry Morgan, DB Fraley. My fave knife companies at the moment- Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, ZombieTools.

Won't you be my neighbor?

Rick

Sharp, pointy things and "derringer type" shooters.... I just so happen to have them in my pocket this very moment. :D

7452CE5C-66DA-42E1-A4F1-D0268FE1F225.jpeg

Welcome.
I think they allow everyone in here, even vegan "D's", 'cause we're always looking for good contributors.
There are those who persist in being "D's" or even "S", and thankfully they are shown the door.
Congrats on your pending retirement, and good luck relocating. May you find your nirvana.

Sharp, pointy things and "derringer type" shooters.... I just so happen to have them in my pocket this very moment. :D

View attachment 505025

I don't know what "SWOON" means....but I'm "Swooning" right now! Stomper, you're my kind of neighbor!

I used to drool over the NAA minis when I was a teen. Being a derringer lover, I was able to buy one about 15 years ago. A switch cylinder .22 mag/ .22 lr with a two inch bbl.

Your's is a beauty, Stomper. It's BEEFY and small, at the same time!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top