JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I really found this group by accident. I'm new to Oregon (relatively, speaking), and I googled "outdoor rifle ranges near me" and this forum was one of the first results. After poking around here a bit, it seemed like a great resource with a lot of promise and nice folks. While I've owned a few guns for about 10 years, I consider myself kind of a newbie because I don't shoot as much as I would like. Confession: I sometimes have to watch YouTube to remember how to field strip my 1911. See what I mean? :)

I recently decided that I wanted to challenge myself and learn something new, so I have embarked on building my first AR instead of buying it outright. It might be a fools errand and I may end up with some spare parts in the end because I didn't think something through well enough, but I'm OK with that. I've got 98% of what I need to start the project now and still waiting on a few pieces and parts. For those who are curious, the upper and lower are Aero M4E1 stripped with a Fail Zero NiB BCG and BCM standard 16" mid-length barrel in 5.56/.223.

Anyway, nice to meet you all (virtually).

While I currently reside in Vancouver, WA, I have spent nearly 30 years living in Forrest Gump. :D

@drewp, is a great guy and excellent AR resource. He's out in FG. Hit him up if you run into a snag with your AR build. He can get you squared away quick.

Oh. and welcome to the forum! :D

welcome! if you need a hand or any pointers on assembling your rifle, I'm more than happy to help, i have the tools if you need to borrow any of them, i live in FG also.

welcome! if you need a hand or any pointers on assembling your rifle, I'm more than happy to help, i have the tools if you need to borrow any of them, i live in FG also.

This guy knows his stuff. Oh, and I'm in FG too if you need anyone to talk you into buying more guns. :D

While I currently reside in Vancouver, WA, I have spent nearly 30 years living in Forrest Gump. :D

@drewp, is a great guy and excellent AR resource. He's out in FG. Hit him up if you run into a snag with your AR build. He can get you squared away quick.

Oh. and welcome to the forum! :D

Hey, thanks for the welcome and the introduction! Nice to meet others from this special part of Oregon. :)

Appreciate the offer, man. Thanks! I'll let you know how things go. I have the basic gunsmithing tools for the AR (Real Avid Armorer's Master kit), but what I really need is a workbench in my garage with a bench vise. That's kind of my next major hurdle. Unfortunately, I do not possess the skills to build it myself, so I'm getting my father-in-law to help me. ;-) Thank you again for the kind offer. I may reach out for tips or advice.

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

I see this forum reaches far and wide! ;-) Thanks for the warm welcome, sir.

Thank you for thanking me for my welcoming message of welcome! You are VERY welcome!

I think it's only fair to say that some of us here might be considered, how can I put it? a mite odd, and I'm being kind here, y'unnerstan? I'm considered to be on the margins of lunacy, and I'm proud to admit that that opinion is not too far wide of the mark.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome.
There are many members here with vast knowledge of all parts of the shooting world.
It's one of my favorite places to "visit" and I've dealt with lots of great guys from this forum.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top