JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just joined today. I'm a new gun nut in my mid-50's. I live outside of Spokane in the hills near the Idaho border.

Never been anti-gun, just never been interested in them. My dad passed a few years ago and I came into possession of his Colt 1911 (Mark IV - Series 80 LW Commander .45). Dad never shot it after 2004 or so, and after he died in 2012 it sat in my closet four years.

This year I figured it was time to become familiar with the gun and guns in general. Took a basic handgun class at Center Target (Post Falls, ID) and during the shooting portion I fell in love with that gun.

I've set up a range on our property. We live out in the woods and it seems everyone is shooting on their property some days, so thought we better join in. I try to shoot at least once a week.

I'm going to apply for a CPL and start looking for a smaller gun to carry. Perhaps I'm getting old and paranoid, but it seems like the world is increasingly dangerous, and I want the ability to defend myself.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from others' experience here. Thanks for reading.

I posted a photo of the gun and a bottle of whiskey on my blog in honor of my dad's birthday. The whiskey was his favorite, so I take a snort on his birthday and Father's day. That's all I can manage 'cause that stuff tastes awful.

Here's the link:
Firearms and Whiskey

Spokanistan isn't that bad. Now Spokompton (just outside Spokangeles), better watch your schmidt!

These are nothing compared to Spokroit and Spokago. I never go there.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top