Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

greetings from a southern neighbor

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cambo357, Oct 2, 2013.

1. cambo357

cambo357 Kalifornia (for now) New Member

Hi all, typical new guy here. from southern california, and planning to relocate to Oregon. have family in Washington and Oregon, visited some as a kid. my gf is originally from Eugene, and most of her family is still there. we both have just fallen in love with it. even outside of the anti 2A and republican/democrat BS, we are just done with things here. I guess you could pin us as libertarian. you leave me alone, I leave you alone, the govt should leave us all alone, and quite wasting our money.

on the firearms side, I do look forward to the freedom. still, I am not giving up on our fight here in california just because I plan to leave. I take my rights, even what is left, seriously. this goes to local, state, and federal levels.

I digress. just want to say hi, and look forward to great info and discussions here.

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

As long as you leave the Kalifornia behind, I welcome you to my state. Otherwise, stay there. We don't want your kind 'round here!

Welcome to Oregon. Come visit, don't stay. :D

PS: I know, conflicted hello get out. As other natives will a test it is a mixed bag when people move up from Cali... We get all conflicted.

3. cambo357

cambo357 Kalifornia (for now) New Member

lol, I totally can get how it is. even in CA we have people with "welcome to california, now get out" bumper stickers.

sad as it is, I am ready to leave it all behind. I was born and raised in the town I live in, and it breaks my heart to think of how it has changed so badly that I want to leave.

4. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Most of the brighter expat Californians come up to WA. But, if you have lost a few teeth and have questionable personal hygene you will be welcome in Oregon.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Hmm, I see a new motto in the works. Welcome to Oregon. Visit for a while, then keep going and stay in Washington.

6. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

stop for gas, if you have to, and keep coming. It's easy to own guns in oregon and washington. How hardcore do you think you have to be to still own guns in california? "Bring your guns to Washington, and relax."

I haven't given up the fight yet either