JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here in yUK we celebrate Boxing Day, and how better than by having a guest day at the outdoor ranges of our gun club?

Bearing in mind that few, if any, of the folks that are brought out on a guest day have every actually SEEN a real gun, let alone FIRED one, I took my .58cal BP Musketoon and Ruger Old Army along for the day, to give them a taste of REAL shooting, rather than this modern new-fangled ca'tridge stuff.

No less than 22 Minié ball were shot at 50m - some even connecting with the target, and 108 .44cal ball, too, most of which ended up there as well.

Needless to say, the faces, to a man, and wimmin, had huge great grins on them, especially the lady who 'came along for the ride out', and was afraid of guns - she said. After a gentle into to a .22, she then shot a .223, then a 6.5x55 and lastly, the last shot of the day with the Ruger Old Army. The look on her face was priceless - 'wow!' All it took was a single load 30gr of 3Fg and a .44cal ball, and she was a convinced shooter!

So, apart from me leading the BP show, about forty other people got to do something they had never thought they would ever do in their lives - take charge of a live firearm and shoot it. It never fails to give me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over -

4349576638_0e3cd165f3_z.jpg

Needless to say, there WERE other guns there, about fifty of maybe more, including Dave's Fortmeier .50cal- currently under threat from the gubmint.....along with every other similar calibre rifle in the UK.

upload_2017-12-27_11-42-35.png

He represented the UK in the recent international shoot over your side, where a Brit became World Champion.

Way ta go, gubmint!

Armholes, every one of 'em. :mad:

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR