JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, i'm after something, but i'm restricted - i have Cabela's gift cards so i need to buy it there.

I'm 99% certain i want a semi-auto shotgun, but i do have some caveats, what should i get?

• Must be wood
  • I don't want to spent much more than a grand
  • I mainly fire birdshot at clays
  • It has to fit me (duh) dang shotguns! :(
  • Cabela's has to stock or can order it in (also duh)

So, i'm open to suggestions, i've picked three i think would be good and i like the look of, but i'm seriously struggling to find LOP for them, i'm a 14.5, but i seem to fit my 14 5/8ths Winchester and my 14.25 Browning.
Here are the 3 i shortlisted, again, open to input please :)

• Benelli Montefeltro
montefeltro-sporting_0.jpg

• Beretta A300 Outlander Sporting (i'm confused over the two version differences though (regular and reduced length))
a300outlandersporting_zoom001.png

• Remington VersaMax V3 Field Sport
V3_Wood_Right_Side%282%29.jpg

My Winchester is a model 101 double, combined with bird shot, the kick doesn't matter to :D

I wasn't aware the 930 had a wood option, but regardless, i do not fit them, at all, cannot hit bubblegum with them :(

My Winchester is a model 101 double, combined with bird shot, the kick doesn't matter to :D

I wasn't aware the 930 had a wood option, but regardless, i do not fit them, at all, cannot hit bubblegum with them :(

I'm not entirely sure they have a wood option either, but I seem to recall seeing a photo of one at one time. I just run plastic furniture, 'cuz I don't want to cry WHEN (not if) I scratch them... :D

Have you looked at the Weatherby SA-08? They get great reviews and are really trim.

View attachment 627090

Crap... forgot about the S-08!! I have one as a dedicated bird gun, it's an awesome shooter. Those DO come with a wood furniture option, but the only thing is that it has separate pistons for light and heavy loads which isn't an real issue, you just have to make sure not to lose the one not in the gun. I only run 3" high-base duck/goose loads in it, so the light load piston sits on the shelf. Mine's a 26" with all black plastic furniture... did the camo-wrap myself. ;):D

B82E66F6-5626-4440-82A6-063E34F3CD82.jpeg

Crap... forgot about the S-08!! I have one as a dedicated bird gun, it's an awesome shooter. Those DO come with a wood furniture option, but the only thing is that it has separate pistons for light and heavy loads which isn't an real issue, you just have to make sure not to lose the one not in the gun. I only run 3" high-base duck/goose loads in it, so the light load piston sits on the shelf. Mine's a 26" with all black plastic furniture... did the camo-wrap myself. ;):D

View attachment 627091
Other than Cabela's not selling the wood version, i'm willing to pay more to get less 'servicing' for load sizes.

I'd do the Benelli, or the Beretta... but I like the new Auto 5's as well.
I'd probably get the A300, but that's just because it was a nice fit for me, and I haven't tried the Benelli.

I'd do the Benelli, or the Beretta... but I like the new Auto 5's as well.
I'd probably get the A300, but that's just because it was a nice fit for me, and I haven't tried the Benelli.
I've got an older auto 5, otherwise the new ones do look nice.

Do you know the LOP on the a300? Wood?

I've got an older auto 5, otherwise the new ones do look nice.

Do you know the LOP on the a300? Wood?
Well then you're set, get one of the others.
I don't know what LOP means, but I held both at one point or another before getting an OU.
Ummm... they were both about $800 when I looked at Sportsman's? LoL sorry
The Franchi Affinity had a pretty nice feel to it as well.

Well then you're set, get one of the others.
I don't know what LOP means, but I held both at one point or another before getting an OU.
Ummm... they were both about $800 when I looked at Sportsman's? LoL sorry
The Franchi Affinity had a pretty nice feel to it as well.
Length of pull, reasonably important for shotguns.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top