JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Insane price. But who knows, for investment purposes, once Ford passes on (probably in a few years, I think he's almost 80) crap like this usually increases in value. Not for me, but some eccentric tech millionaire that grew up loving this stuff, might be a no-brainer, or some entity might snap it up- museum, Hard Rock, Disney, something like that.

Insane price. But who knows, for investment purposes, once Ford passes on (probably in a few years, I think he's almost 80) crap like this usually increases in value. Not for me, but some eccentric tech millionaire that grew up loving this stuff, might be a no-brainer, or some entity might snap it up- museum, Hard Rock, Disney, something like that.

For some Billionaire, it would indeed be "pocket change".

Let's pretend I'm rich with money to burn, now which would I buy? A movie prop gun for $5 million or Teddy Roosevelt's Colt Single Action for $1.4 million.

Teddy Roosevelt's Colt Single Action Army Revolver Sells for $1.4 million | Field & Stream (fieldandstream.com)

If I were so wealthy that the budget didn't matter, I probably would not buy commemoratives or guns owned by famous people or used in movies.

I would buy custom made guns, or maybe some rare guns.

I would certainly buy things like mini guns, rotating cannons like the GAU-8, with plenty of ammo - military stuff. I would have custom guns made - like maybe a titanium AK bullpup with interchangeable barrels (5.56, 7.62x39, etc.), or have BHA make a lever action carbine with an octagon barrel that is actually an integral suppressor, or have a SIG 227 made with a SS frame that could switch between 10mm, .45, .40 and 9mm by just changing the barrel, recoil spring and mags, or a 5.7x28 bolt action rifle - that kind of thing.

Stuff that standard manufacturers would not find profitable to make, but that I think would be cool and useful to have.

Yea I don't think even if that was chump change for me I would bother with a beat to bubblegum prop gun no matter who played with it on screen.

And if I were to go in for something like that John Waynes Colts from the SHOOTEST would be more my interest.

Loved Raiders as a young lad...I was the PERFECT target audience for this movie, which is still an all-time Classic.

...and that price is INSANE.

As pointed out, a 'publicity' price.

Boss

If i had 5M i would buy a good portion of Griffin and Howes used rifles and shotguns. Make a heck of a nice collection.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top