JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not quite suitable for an armored engagement, this is very capable as a "hunter/gatherer " type of vehicle

War Wagon.jpg

This is what I was referring to above - as far as armored vehicles, might work for some people. I just see them being temporarily protection. You must eventually step outside, the path could be blocked, etc. Plus I'd want something I could USE NOW, not just something IF SHTF is a reality. Something that doesn't stick out as a valuable asset.

Perhaps. My play car is a Jag F-Type bright red and it screams 'throw a rock, take me' during a bad time (shtf or whatever).
Really a poor choice in a vehicle down the road. Every time I drive her I appreciate the freedom to do so. Fortunately it doesn't illicit the negative reaction a supercar like a Lambo or other supercar would .... yet.

Last Edited:
Years ago in the mid-2000s Freightliner sold those and I knew the manager and he let me put around in the parking lot in it.
Man I thought my raised Chevy was high - another level.

Last Edited:
Years ago in the mid-2000s Freightliner sold those and I knew the manager and he let me put around in the parking lot in it.
Man I though my raised Chevy was high - another level.
FTL, Western Star, and Thomas Bus are wholly owned subsidiaries of DTNA (Daimler Truck NA).

Last I checked (when I worked for DTNA), IIRC, some FTL dealers still sold UniMogs and MB Sprinter vans.

y'all can tackle zombies in your paupermobiles....

My sister just had one of these, well not this exact one but the newer model. Diesel.. It was a MASSIVE POS. barely had 10-20k on it before it needed major repairs. Sold it for $10k
She had a lexus 470 before that and it was a tank, ran forever, never needed repairs had a awesome turning radius for its size. Her husband was always a BMW fan so they had the X5 for variety.

As for me, I'll take a armored BVs-10 or 206 or really any hagglund varient please! second choice would be a Unimog or a Brabus converted armored SUV. Or the new Bronco raptor seems to be getting decent reviews.

My sister just had one of these, well not this exact one but the newer model. Diesel.. It was a MASSIVE POS. barely had 10-20k on it before it needed major repairs. Sold it for $10k
She had a lexus 470 before that and it was a tank, ran forever, never needed repairs had a awesome turning radius for its size. Her husband was always a BMW fan so they had the X5 for variety.

As for me, I'll take a armored BVs-10 or 206 or really any hagglund varient please! second choice would be a Unimog or a Brabus converted armored SUV. Or the new Bronco raptor seems to be getting decent reviews.

I may be a bit prejudiced because she is mine, but it is hard to beat a good jeep with lockers, winch, and ground clearance.

View attachment 1277143
And good ol' fashioned jeep death wobble! That takes talented engineering there. (Probably takes a talented union too!)
Sorry I'm the resident hater, Nice to meet you! ;)

I'd rather take a 91/92 dodge with the Cummins 6BT pure mechanical diesel. Totally bullet proof when setup right and the KDP is resolved but that's easy. Can be made to run on bio pretty easy. Still terrible gas mileage though.

Last Edited:
Thing about the Jeeps.. they're frigging everywhere like cockroaches. Parts are everywhere, sold everywhere that caters to the off road 4x4 crowds .. at least in the US. Outside the US. It's gonna be Toyota of every flavor.. Hilux being the popular model.

Thing about the Jeeps.. they're frigging everywhere like cockroaches. Parts are everywhere, sold everywhere that caters to the off road 4x4 crowds .. at least in the US. Outside the US. It's gonna be Toyota of every flavor.. Hilux being the popular model.
Damn near every jeep I've seen has been rolled or high centered (wasn't the jeeps fault BTW) or major electrical issues. A lot of their motors are not the best, but the inline 6 is pretty legendary.
I hear ya both, (and I'm not totally hating) but if I was to get into modding etc. I think I could probably pick a better base vehicle.
The aforementioned 91/92 dodge (1500? IIRC) IS way to front heavy as well. Those Cummins diesels are not light by any means.

I'm sticking with my previous answers though from post #30. Its hard to high center a hagglund.. Or submerge it.. Or get it stuck in any way what so ever they are pretty good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top