JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, we've always had a number of threads grousing about craptastic service from various manufacturers, vendors, gunsmiths, etc. What about one that are good?

Examples:

• I somehow misplaced a scope cover for a small Leupold model. Contacted them, got right through to a human being, gave them my address, and a few days later its in the PO box. Trivial? Yes, but in an era of gross incompetence at every level, it was very refreshing.
  • Every interaction I had with Ruger, for parts, manuals, etc., has always been easy-peasy.
Got any to share?

I called Glock once about a recoil spring and got a tech on the line within 2 minutes and my question answered to my satisfaction within a minute after. Also called about manufacture dates, got no answer, left a voice mail and got a call back 10 minutes later with all the info one could want. So Glock has been A+ to me

Jeremy from Lucky Sporting Goods.
Outstanding customer service and very friendly.

The staff over at Greene's Gun Shop in Oak Harbor...Home of the Hawken Rifle.
If you are in Northwest Washington and you need something black powderish...they can help you out.
Nice store and nice shooting range.
Andy

The two times I have had to call about a problem, was taken care of . The first was a issue with my Ruger Hawkeye. Sent gun in and they ended up having to replace it. Great service from them. The second time I had a problem with a feed tube on a Henry 22 rifle. Gave them a call and all they asked was which model and sent a new replacement tube out that day. Great service from both. RCBS and Dillon are also have great service.

I once called Hi-Point about a 9mm 1st gen carbine that needed almost every part replaced from extended storage in a soaking wet car trunk.
The nice lady who answered the phone connected me with the factory manager and he told me that they would ship me every part on the rifle except the sear, receiver and barrel for free. Five days later I got the package. He also included a couple of magazines.

Last Edited:
I once bought a used Savage 116 at a big discount because it had a broken magazine spring. I called Savage, told the rep what I needed, they asked me the serial number, and said it will be in the mail. No charge. I was pretty impressed.

Believe it or not Bear Creek Arsenal. Had a bad batch of ammo in one of my AR15s that were way over pressurized. Out of caution I wanted to replace the barrel and bolt. Bolt made by toolcraft and barrel from bear creek. Called up bear creek. They told me to send them the barrel and they would replace it no questions asked. After about a week without a tracking number I called them up and they told me they were out of stock on the barrel I sent (18in mid length straight fluted 6.5 grendel barrel). They told me they could send me a 20in straight fluted with 5R rifling free of charge instead. Quite the upgrade and have been very pleased with it.

Fiocchi. Had a 300blk round not fire and get stuck in the chamber. Primer exploded but no powder ignition. Got the round out and pulled the bullet. Powder poured out and when I inspected the brass I saw there was no flash hole. Called Fiocchi and they asked for the lot number asked if I could send back what I had left. In return they sent me about 150 rounds of .45 acp.

Swampfox Optics, Holosun Optics, and Springfield Armory. Swampfox promptly replaced a 2nd. hand pistol RDS, Holosun replaced a rifle RDS that was almost out of warranty, and Springfield replaced the mag catch on a 20+ year old high cap 1911 that had at least 2 previous owners. All were very prompt about sending out return labels, and none of them charged me a dime. All can count me as a guaranteed future customer :D. Later.

Dave

Streamlight. Replaced flashlights for me, no charge, no shipping costs, even when one failed due to operator stupidity, got 'em in the mail within 10 days.

Midway USA. Had ordered some FNX-45 mags (you know, the 50 dollar ones). Got the "delivered" notice but I hadn't got 'em -- spoke to a nice lady on the phone, within in a week, received replacements without being able to prove I hadn't received them (UPS said their
replacement brown truck driver said, no, they were delivered to your front door). A month later, a neighbor down the road came over with an opened Nitro Express box saying they'd been delivered to her by accident and she couldn't use them. Called Midway back, they said, keep 'em, don't worry, you're a good customer.

Top Gun Supply. Not the greatest selection in the world compared to folks like Midway or Brownell's, but I've ordered on a weekend and had the products in my mailbox on a Wednesday. Sent me the wrong springs once, one phone call, had the right one in two days.

George Bowers Leather. Where else can you order a quality leather holster by phone or online, and, if he's got the one you want already made up and in stock, get it in your mailbox the same week?

Ruger has never failed me...
Aimpoint people make me blush sometimes they are so outgoing and gracious...
Sig Legion program - If you have Ryan's number then you already know.
Leupold.

I ordered a 10mm barrel from kkm and it was getting close to a fishing trip to Alaska and the barrel still wasn't here. So I called kkm and asked if I would get it in time unfortunately the answer was no. I ordered a black barrel and she said it would be a couple more weeks and offered to send me a loaner barrel tell mine was done, I was blown away. So she sent me a silver one and the gun made it to Alaska. Great customer service from kkm! Very impressed

Leupold for sure had an issue on a nearly 60-year-old scope, took it in, got a call in three days, all fixed no charge. also had an issue with a newer pair of binos, took them in told them what the issue was, was told to hold tight for a second, and came out with a brand new pair. that is service that is hard to beat. most of my rifles carry Leupold optics!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews