Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gone

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by Scott, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

gone

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Scott,
    What makes you say it is single action only. I didn't know they made one. My SW 1911 is double/single action.
    Ed

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Is this serious?

If so, you can take a loaded mag and insert it, then pull the slide back and then close it then we have a chambered round right with the hammer back, correct?

Then you manually return the hammer to the closed position for what ever reason but we still have a chambered round correct?. With me so far? If I then wanted to fire a round I cannot because the hammer is closed. No matter how many times I pull the trigger it will not fire. I would have to manually cock the hammer again to allow the gun to fire. And since I have to manually cock the hammer back would mean it is a SAO.

That gives me the right to say it is single action only because if the pistol is chambered but hammer is closed I cannot make the gun fire by pulling the trigger like a Glock, or Sig, or SA XD, Kahr, Rugers.

Hopefully you understand this and about 95% of 1911's. If not you should read up on them and SAO's.

4. foggood11

foggood11 Western Washington New Member

Just sent you a PM.

Phil Ogdee

5. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Stott, You are very right!!!
    I got it mixed up in my mind with my Beretta 8045F. I should have taken the time to think about it first.
    Sorry, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.