JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
They are a very loyal, tenacious, and a hard working breed of dog. They stick close to their person or people if they are socialized correctly and generally do not need a fenced property to stay home. Our acerage is not fenced and both dogs run free in the evening while doing barn work. If left alone outside they will stick to the back door and sit "guard" until let in. They are NOT natural wonderers. They tend to be nippy if not socialized with people and other dogs early in life, but if socialized they are very good farm and working dogs. We have a heeler female, border collie/heeler cross female and a lab. The heelers alert us when someone is on our property, keep the coyotes away from our stock, leary of strangers but not aggressive unless the situation calls for it. These puppies will need active homes, hiking, biking, fly ball, agility, trail riding, herding, farm work, joggers, daily activity is required both for physical exercise and mental stimulation and learning. This is a smart breed of dog and needs consistent obedience training from the start. Once they are shown something once, they remember, both the good and the bad. :)

I read some pages that this breed is also sought after for service dogs, for the elderly and the blind. One story had a heeler, watching guard over his owner, some 83 year old woman, and a alligator was closing in on her and the dog, just kept lunging and biting and swinging at the gator, she survived and luckily her dog did too over this 6 hour ordeal. I'm a full time student with a part time job and a wife, we both live very actively but not 25 mile trail actively, we want a very obedient, clever, and active animal, reading more about them, i'm leaning towards them, its just, i dont have any kids and never raised a pup before.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.