JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'll leave the ad for posterity sake.

So here it is, This is a piece of history. After WWII two brothers went to work building rifles. Wildcat cartridges are the ancestor of many of today's modern rounds.

It was built in the early 50's by the Juenke brothers out of NV on a Springfield 1903 action built by Remington in 1942. They put a HEAVY barrel on it chambered in .219 ICL Wolverine, and laid it into a really nice beaver tail stock, with a nice high cheek weld. Both the stock and barrel are stamped with date and initials. I talked to one of the brothers via email while I was in Afghanistan, and then again by phone when I got home. At that point one brother had already died, I spoke to Vern, but the last I heard (2011) He was very sick and his wife would no longer even send calls through. They were both WWII vets.

So, 219 ICL Wolverine is an improved zipper. 30-30 cartridge necked down to .222. It's only been taken to the range once since I got it, it puts rounds through the same hole at 100 yards, really amazing. The barrel looks brand new, so I know it has not been shot much, as the old wildcats used to shoot the barrels out.

Asking $900 or trade for Semi Auto Shotgun, Optics, Ammo, Semi Pistols? What have you got?

Thanks for looking.

DSCN6569_zpsfe4acb59.jpg
DSCN6567_zpsfe72adc5.jpg
DSCN6566_zps07520c85.jpg
DSCN6565_zps3ee615e8.jpg
DSCN6564_zps5a029164.jpg

DSCN6562_zps166d432a.jpg
DSCN6561_zps20cef378.jpg
DSCN6563_zps95d563ed.jpg

DSCN6560_zps6bf37443.jpg
DSCN6559_zpsf694b203.jpg
DSCN6558_zps77ee4863.jpg
DSCN6553_zpsb027f641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vern Juenke is still alive, if only barely. The Accuracy Den(the Juenke's NV shop) appears to be no longer in business. You have a very nice rifle there. While loaded cartridges and info may be rare, they are out there. I believe this cartridge is especially designed for 45gr. .224 bullets and works them up to about 3,700fps. A beautiful rifle. Good luck.

Kip

Vern Juenke is still alive, if only barely. The Accuracy Den(the Juenke's NV shop) appears to be no longer in business. You have a very nice rifle there. While loaded cartridges and info may be rare, they are out there. I believe this cartridge is especially designed for 45gr. .224 bullets and works them up to about 3,700fps. A beautiful rifle. Good luck.

Kip

Well good to hear that, he sure was a neat old guy to talk to. I saw in an Ackley book three different loads, 40, 45, and 50gr IIRC. Thanks, all the more info I get the better.

I have about 150 rds of 219 Donaldson wasp loaded rounds and bout that many emptys. Loading dies and form dies. Might be useful

Al 541-409-5137

Hmmm, I can not for the life of me find my sheet of paper with the case specs for the wolverine...I know it's off of the zipper, and I dont know how close to the wasp it really is.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.