JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
golani cocking handle closeup.jpg

This cocking handle is pretty close to the receiver. It was a problem pulling back/charging, ripping my hand even before i installed the picatiny/weaver style hand-guard reaching over the receiver.

Solutions could be having a machine shop pulling the handle out, looking to see if I can find a modified bolt carrier, in part taking down / cutting my rail or sanding / grinding it down (ugly), or maybe you can tell me what other options there could be. What have you done to resolve this issue.

I am right-handed. So I use my left hand to reach over the receiver and cock back the handle. For now, to avoid slicing myself, I have to use my right hand, thus move my finger off the trigger area...not good for tactical purposes... And no, I don't want to buy a different gun.

Can you please discuss your ideas with me?

Thanks much!

golani cocking handle closeup.jpg

Never had that problem on my Galil ARM or Tromix S06.

I am sure there are lots of places to get these but here is a new, longer weld on handle, <broken link removed>

I am sure there are lots of places to get these but here is a new, longer weld on handle, <broken link removed>

Thanks for that. That is an idea. I just take the bolt carrier to a machine shop, have them chop it off and weld on a longer one, paint... done! Easy! Anything to watch out for?

The best solution is that you can actually use a standard AK bolt-carrier in a Galil, they're quite compatible, one just needs to swap the piston. Apparently folks do it specifically to solve the type of problem you describe.

40 bucks for a bolt's worth of metal? wow thats pricey. maybe im just a cheap bastard, but i would look around the hardware store first for something to weld and grind down. save yourself $39

If you bend it out or you change to an AK carrier then you lose the great Galil ergonomics. Why would a guy want to do that? I specifically had that style charging handle put on my Tromix, and paid the price. Worth every penny.

If you bend it out or you change to an AK carrier then you lose the great Galil ergonomics. Why would a guy want to do that? I specifically had that style charging handle put on my Tromix, and paid the price. Worth every penny.

it is a great place to position the ch. didn't mean to make it seem i was bad typing the product... just the price.

im a big cheapskate so this was what i did with my saiga...

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg

some might not like the pirates jewelery, but it works well and it was free. i love free

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top