JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a longtime SW WA resident. I grew up in salmon creek before it was a town. I would ride my dirt bike for hours before touching pavement. I still live in salmon creek now and it's a real town now, no longer ridgefields little brother.

I grew up going to Long Beach, Ilwaco, cannon beach, rockaway, Manzanita Lincoln city, Florence etc etc you know all the SW WA / NW OR coast towns. I've never been farther north than Ocean Park WA.

A deal with a member I've worked with before in the past brings me up that way and I figured I'd make a weekend trip out of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do to pass the time in Westport WA?

Last Edited:
Deep sea fishing.
Unfortunately I'm with the Wifey and she gets sea sick just whale watching so that's off the menu. I'm more looking for things to do in the town of Westport. If it were me alone yes, I'd call off work for a couple days next week and book a charter.

But as far as for Saturday and Sunday around town in Westport or nearby, what's the happ's?

Seriously, watch out for them little beach deer when you drive that stretch of highway. I've almost hit deer there way too many times.

Besides that, Westport winery. There's a lighthouse you can tour. Some old timer has an ffl out there, but I've never bothered to track down his shop.

watch out for them little beach deer when you drive that stretch of highway.
This is real. The one that stepped out onto the road in front of me one time wasn't any little beach deer, either, it was a big, dark, old timer. We were on Hwy. 105 and had some speed up. I forget the reason, we were driving a rental car while mine was in the shop. Cracking up a rental car 150 miles from home is inconvenient, to say the least.

Our son owned rental property in Westport, the only fourplex in town at the time. My limited experiences in town were that I didn't really want to hang around long.

Man theres some negative comments here lol. Its almost as if I asked "hey I have a pocket full of money and I'm white and I'm going to walk down the street in Oakland California at midnight! Any suggestions?" 🤣😉

Nah thanks for the input guys. From my limited google-YouTube-etc etc research it seems to look like a cool town. Hopefully my little weekend getaway isn't as crappy as you guys are making it seem it will be lol!

I'm sure I won't enjoy it as much as Long Beach, ilwaco, rockaway, cannon, Lincoln city, Florence etc. But I was hoping I'd at least get some good recommendations for how to spend my weekend in Westport!

It's an old Fishing town that's seen its better days that has an influx of Californians that are trying to turn it into a little San Francisco Bay Area artsy fartsy style.
Back in its heyday it was a hopping place during the salmon, halibut and bottom fishing seasons.

Crap there's Californians there? Not just regular California's but the ones that like San Francisco? Damn I hope it's not too late to cancel my reservation lol

So while you're there, rob a bank. Californians will feel like they're at home.
Drop a deuce on the sidewalk too.
Rob a bank, shoot IV drugs into my system in public, vote democrat, defecate on sidewalk, then complain about how the town is going down the drain, move to a red state with low taxes, vote for the same stuff, rinse and repeat, ruin new state, complain when it goes down the drain, move to next red state, and repeat cycle? I think I got it now!

There's a reason I have a "Don't California my Washington" sticker on my truck. Unfortunately it's too late, but I do love when I'm stuck in traffic and I see someone behind me w/ CA plates and I KNOW they're reading my sticker. One of the little joys in life. I know overall those Commiefornians are winning the fight up here but in that split second I feel like I'm getting a minor win

Alright here's some more, the light house, the Hawaiian BBQ is great, obviously driving on the beach, Nelson's crab co in Tokeland, washaway beach, crab/fishing rentals from the marina dock, half moon bay, I'll let you know if I think of more haha.

Alright here's some more, the light house, the Hawaiian BBQ is great, obviously driving on the beach, Nelson's crab co in Tokeland, washaway beach, crab/fishing rentals from the marina dock, half moon bay, I'll let you know if I think of more haha.
Hey you don't count, you're the guy I'm meeting. I need unbiased opinions here…. J/k haha thanks T, I think the maritime museum is first on my list. Will definitely have to check out the lighthouse and some Hawaiian bbq after that.

See you this weekend, brother

Hey you don't count, you're the guy I'm meeting. I need unbiased opinions here…. J/k haha thanks T, I think the maritime museum is first on my list. Will definitely have to check out the lighthouse and some Hawaiian bbq after that.

See you this weekend, brother
It seems every time I open the site I see a thread of yours lol. I just figured id hop on with more options as well. But seriously do watch out for those deer out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top