JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked this puppy up yesterday in a private party transaction, with only 60 rounds through it.

I'm going to submit the NFA paperwork and $200 tax stamp, install a folding stock, verticle fore-grip, silencer (another $200 tax stamp... sigh)... and have a SWEET SBR.

100_2273.jpg

It already has the underfolder rear trunion inside and would be easy to do... those fold up uber-kompact, (and although I've never shouldered one) the cheek-weld reportedly sucks... regardless, I'm intrigued by this option but it would be a permanent option as I'd (obviously) have to drill out the receiver.

I'm partial to the Ace Skeleton side-folder (so far my FIRST choice) on my WASR GP-10/63 (I can make it left or right side folding)...

100_2255.jpg

Although I'm generally averse to AR stuff on an AK, maybe a folding pig-nose adapter mounted to the rear and a telescoping stock like the ERGO F93 PRO... (I'm putting one on a middy "M4-gery" build I'm doing)

76676.jpg

Maybe a Bulgarian "Triangle" folding stock?

I'm not enthused about the "wire" folders (even with the comb modification that can be done to them)... yes, I can weld and braze like a mo-fo and make it look original.

Anyway, I'd like some feedback and insights to various folding stock options!

Thanks! :s0155:

I run a folding collapsible stock on my S12, the best of both worlds. It's a handy thing for a range toy and can do anything you need it to. If you go this route and don't think you'll change, get the AR specific AK folding adapter.

ANother great option is to use a VZ-58 folding stock. You would need to drill the rear of the receiver for the mounting nut and notch it for a little indexing tab on the stock, but it looks killer and folds up small.

My favorite AK stock has long been the AK74SU or "krink" left hand side folder stock as seen here

please disregard the ugly fake suppressor in the pics

I do have an underfolder if you would like to give one a try before you go that route....

When I have more time and get back from work today I'll show you what I did with mine.
(I went with the ACE skeleton stock after trying three different mounting options.)
Also, IMO.. DON'T get the pig-nose adapter.. its not the best mounting system.
Get the actual AK to AR folding adapter its twice the fit and mount compared to the PNA*
I've owned both.

Here's my Draco with the final ACE skeleton stock.
I went through the whole AR kick with her and decided on a low drag setup for her.. But that's just my taste.
instead I mounted the ACE AK-AR adapter on one of my Saiga .308 projects, which again.. I later just went back to the simple ACE skeleton stock.

Draco2.jpg

Draco3.jpg

Well, after careful consideration I have elected to go with the ACE stock w/ push button folding mechanism. It occurred to me that when I convert this to an SBR it will be subject to 922R compliance, so the ACE stuff will help get me there, in addition to the kewl looking USA made Krink-style cone looking flash hider... that is until I get a can to put on the end!

Bulgy/Russian triangle side folder is going to be tough.

I don't care for tacticool AK gear but MAKO makes a very nice 6-position stock.

Stomper,

Where did you get the ACE stock and push button folding mechanism from?

Cade,

I got the Ace skeleton and push-button folding mechanism at carolinashooterssupply.com Home Page

Search under manufacturers category... Ace for the stock, and Tromix for the push-button mechanism. Everything is listed for "Saiga" this and that, but its all AK's anyway.

Also, this is the same exact stuff sold on Ace's website and a few dollars less/more depending on what you get and shipping. The biggest difference is Carolina's actually has the stuff in stock!

Hope that helps. ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR