JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so convinced myself I needed something smaller and easier to pocket than a XD mod2 .45. On my radar was a Kahr 9 or a another LCP ,wifey took the first one. I have often dreamed of the Sig 938 but their spendy and they have the safety to throw before firing. While the LCP may have been the more sensible choice the heart wants what the heart wants. So I gave in to my long time desires and selling a few things that don't get much use to finally sleep well at night. Anyways the pistol shoots well beyond it's size with great accuracy for such a small pistol. Small groups at 10 yards and when there's a flyer I laugh at myself for flinching like a girly man. I did try her out at 15 and 25 yards just too see. And it outshoots me. It hasn't malfunctioned yet in around 200 rounds, trying 3 different hollow points and 4 different fmj brands. It's been a while since I've carried cocked and locked, but do like it. A great trigger and safety for a safe carry gun Ok I'll wrap this up. A few pics. Notice the fir needle in the slide ? I found her online for $529 w 2 mags, holster and hard case. A big thumbs up and no regrets. :)

IMG_1161.JPG
P1010130.JPG IMG_1164.JPG IMG_1163.JPG

I consider myself only a fair pistol shooter at best. So not trying to brag but did shoot a few quick vids at 15 and 25 yards. Checked w a rangefinder. 9x12 torso

At 25

Last Edited:
That's a good get for that price. Sigs are nice little shooters.

VERY nice pistol. Congrats!

Thanks Pops1911. When my life flashes before my eyes, I want it to be worth seeing. Still nicer than I deserve, like most things. :)

That's a good get for that price. Sigs are nice little shooters.

The price surprised me as well. Plus the $25 background, ffl fee. Sweet shooters indeed the nice night sights help.
Hey I did get hit with an aluminum casing in the face from my226. Made me think of you for some reason. :D I blame it on wimpy ammo.

Welcome to the club! Love mine, outshoots me for sure.

Thanks Grimm. Any IWB holster recommendations ?

Did a size comparison for those unfamiliar with a p938.
P1010136.JPG
A $7 bi-mart Allen sticky pocket holster. No more needles in the slide.:)
P1010138.JPG

I got a kydex appendix carry holster by Blade-Tech from Oregon Rifleworks a while back. I had a cheap leather one (not that this one is expensive) and I like this one a lot more. That's a great shop for anyone considering checking it out. Don't judge the dust

20170413_173650.jpg 20170413_173711.jpg

I got a kydex appendix carry holster by Blade-Tech from Oregon Rifleworks a while back. I had a cheap leather one (not that this one is expensive) and I like this one a lot more. That's a great shop for anyone considering checking it out. Don't judge the dust

View attachment 356408 View attachment 356410

Thanks for the heads up on the holster Grimm . And that's a nice looking peice even with the dust. Means it's getting used or going for rides anyways. Like you grips as well. :)

My wife really like's her P938 SAS model. She put through about 325 rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass and about 40 rounds of Hornady 115gr Critical Defense rounds which are her carry rounds. No problems with feeding, stove-piping or extracting.

Be advised, the guide rod is a two piece affair and some have reported the rod part coming out the front end undetectable during firing. Only after breaking it down do you notice. Apparently you can still fire it, but you will not be able to reassemble it. IF that happens, Sig will supposedly send you a new guide rod and spring no charge.

So, if you break it completely down, check the guide rod. May want to take it apart, and lock-tight it even if it is not loose. Anyhow, just something to think about and deal with accordingly.

Other than that, it's a sweet gun.

One more note of interest, Sig recommends replacing the recoil spring after/around 1500 rounds. So it might be worth having an extra one on hand for people who shoot theirs a lot. Possibly replace all the springs at that time?

I posted the above comments on this thread which may interest you:
Bought a new carry gun, Sig 938

My wife really like's her P938 SAS model. She put through about 325 rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass and about 40 rounds of Hornady 115gr Critical Defense rounds which are her carry rounds. No problems with feeding, stove-piping or extracting.

Be advised, the guide rod is a two piece affair and some have reported the rod part coming out the front end undetectable during firing. Only after breaking it down do you notice. Apparently you can still fire it, but you will not be able to reassemble it. IF that happens, Sig will supposedly send you a new guide rod and spring no charge.

So, if you break it completely down, check the guide rod. May want to take it apart, and lock-tight it even if it is not loose. Anyhow, just something to think about and deal with accordingly.

Other than that, it's a sweet gun.

One more note of interest, Sig recommends replacing the recoil spring after/around 1500 rounds. So it might be worth having an extra one on hand for people who shoot theirs a lot. Possibly replace all the springs at that time?

I posted the above comments on this thread which may interest you:
Bought a new carry gun, Sig 938

Thanks for the heads up on the guide rod. I did read about it here and check it every cleaning. It has a born on date of last month, so hopefully it's has the proper loctite. And getting another recoil spring or two isn't a bad idea either. Your wife sounds like a real shooter, nice. I keep my wife with the LCP since she doesn't practice as much as she should.

Thanks for the heads up on the holster Grimm . And that's a nice looking peice even with the dust. Means it's getting used or going for rides anyways. Like you grips as well. :)
I love the extreme. Someone was selling a full size version of mine on here a while back and it was real hard to not buy its big brother. Good thing the boss keeps me in check *sigh*

Great purchase!! We have purchased 4 of them in our Family :) most of us carry the 938 and its a spectacular little gun, hides away very easily and shoots great.

I ended up ordering a OWB and dual mag holster for mine, this gun disappears on me.
Amazon.com : Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster for SIG P938 Gun, Right Hand, Black, 019BA37Z0 : Sports & Outdoors
Amazon.com : 4006948 Desantis Single Stack Double Magazine Pouch for 9mm/40 Cal : Gun Magazine Pouches : Sports & Outdoors

And of course.. I had to get it in the same color scheme as my Scorpion 1911 :)

20170109_174647.jpg 20160118_171831.jpg

Ok so convinced myself I needed something smaller and easier to pocket than a XD mod2 .45. On my radar was a Kahr 9 or a another LCP ,wifey took the first one. I have often dreamed of the Sig 938 but their spendy and they have the safety to throw before firing. While the LCP may have been the more sensible choice the heart wants what the heart wants. So I gave in to my long time desires and selling a few things that don't get much use to finally sleep well at night. Anyways the pistol shoots well beyond it's size with great accuracy for such a small pistol. Small groups at 10 yards and when there's a flyer I laugh at myself for flinching like a girly man. I did try her out at 15 and 25 yards just too see. And it outshoots me. It hasn't malfunctioned yet in around 200 rounds, trying 3 different hollow points and 4 different fmj brands. It's been a while since I've carried cocked and locked, but do like it. A great trigger and safety for a safe carry gun Ok I'll wrap this up. A few pics. Notice the fir needle in the slide ? I found her online for $529 w 2 mags, holster and hard case. A big thumbs up and no regrets. :)

View attachment 356074
View attachment 356073 View attachment 356072 View attachment 356071

I consider myself only a fair pistol shooter at best. So not trying to brag but did shoot a few quick vids at 15 and 25 yards. Checked w a rangefinder. 9x12 torso

At 25

You made a number of good choices here. Getting the 938 over the 238 is definitely the smarter choice, in my opinion. To be able to gain the ability to shoot 9mm instead of .380, and only having 2 more ounces in gun weight in penalty, is a very good trade off in my opinion. And I also believe that this is a much better quality pistol than a Kahr.

Only drawback I see in this pistol is that it is a single action. But if you train well with it enough so that operating the safety becomes instinctive for you, then that issue is then mitigated.

Great purchase!! We have purchased 4 of them in our Family :) most of us carry the 938 and its a spectacular little gun, hides away very easily and shoots great.

I ended up ordering a OWB and dual mag holster for mine, this gun disappears on me.
Amazon.com : Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster for SIG P938 Gun, Right Hand, Black, 019BA37Z0 : Sports & Outdoors
Amazon.com : 4006948 Desantis Single Stack Double Magazine Pouch for 9mm/40 Cal : Gun Magazine Pouches : Sports & Outdoors

And of course.. I had to get it in the same color scheme as my Scorpion 1911 :)

View attachment 357334 View attachment 357335

Thanks for the heads up on the holster and mag pouch. Nice looking set of pistols as well. :)

That's a great pistol, Millspecer! Congratulations!

I wonder, have you or your wife fired the Sig and the LCP side by side? I wonder if the Sig is all that snappier than the Ruger.

One thing I have to say.. I love the night sights.. Pistol can sit in the safe or nightstand for a month at a time and when you pull the pistol out in the dark.. three green dots are waiting for you.

That's a great pistol, Millspecer! Congratulations!

I wonder, have you or your wife fired the Sig and the LCP side by side? I wonder if the Sig is all that snappier than the Ruger.

Thanks Sgt Nambu . Its an easy one to carry. I don't go downstairs to the fridge without being well-heeled. :D

That's a great idea . The LCP is lighter and its been a bit since we shot it. I hope this weekend I can get her out shooting. I have been bugging her. She did well with it in the 5-10 yard range last time we shot it. Also I might try a few 15-25 yard shots w the LCP and see if I can get any hits with it on my torso target.
Side note, I noticed an IPDA target was 18.5'' x 30'' mine's 9'' x 18'' with the head included and I thought it was big. Shoot small miss small maybe ? Or make a bigger target.

I also would like her to shoot some full size pistols so she knows how to operate them and that she can hit with them. If things go well we might try a .45. To me they snap less than the most 9s. She has done some trigger drills with the DA/SA , nightstand guns, and knows its ready just point and pull the trigger. For just in case.

But here's the tough part. DA/SAs with decockers, striker fired, the LCP trigger, the 1911s or styled. May equal mind blown ? I think her LCP and a full size 9 to start. And the 938 so she can see the recoil of a small 9. I would like to see her carry a 9 with plenty of shots myself but the .380 is better than throwing rocks. And she remembers how to use it. I hope. :)

That P938 looks like a real nice shooter for sure. I love the rubber grips, you can get good purchase on those. I find the quality of Sig pistols is apparent from just handling them at the store. The fit and finish seems better than the average mass produced pistol. I'm in manufacturing, so I notice these things. My only reservation is I find that cartridge (9mm Luger) to be a bit snappy, maybe too much for my wife.

I would like to see her carry a 9 with plenty of shots myself but the .380 is better than throwing rocks. And she remembers how to use it. I hope. :)

That's the main reason I'm leaning Sig P238.

One thing I have to say.. I love the night sights.. Pistol can sit in the safe or nightstand for a month at a time and when you pull the pistol out in the dark.. three green dots are waiting for you.

That's an incredible value that Sig provides. Very hard to argue with that.

My wife ended up getting a 938, she has pretty sensitive wrists, I reload all of our ammo so when she was looking for a carry pistol I told her she couldn't have a 380 :D nothing makes you madder than reloading 9 on a progressive and having a lone 380 come through....

That P938 looks like a real nice shooter for sure. I love the rubber grips, you can get good purchase on those. I find the quality of Sig pistols is apparent from just handling them at the store. The fit and finish seems better than the average mass produced pistol. I'm in manufacturing, so I notice these things. My only reservation is I find that cartridge (9mm Luger) to be a bit snappy, maybe too much for my wife.

That's the main reason I'm leaning Sig P238.

That's an incredible value that Sig provides. Very hard to argue with that.

If you go w a 238 she hopefully she will practice until working the safety is as natural as drawing. I would like to see my wife carry one but feel she is safer with the older style LCP. Or I will wait until she shows more interest.

And I agree with Sigs quality and value.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top