Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock17 mags

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by DinhRose, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I want to buy some cheap used g17 mags in portland. Anyone seen them at any local stores? I was gun broker a few weeks back but i can't remember if they had them or not.

2. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

As far as cheap, the way to go is with the Korean mags but I can tell you from experience the springs are weak so you do get what you pay for. Good luck and if you happen to find lots of cheap used Glock mags I'd take a couple too.
    Mike

3. DinhRose

Great. I'll check it out. I wanted to get some today so i can test out my conversion barrel. I guess I can use the .40 mags for the time being until the order arrives.

4. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

5. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

When using my 40-9 conversion barrel I use the stock G22 mags all the time. Along with the G17 and Korean mags. The only problems with magazines is the springs in the Korean mags are not locking the bolt back on the last round. They did at first but they have lost so much spring in a few 100 rounds of use. I would not hesitate to use G22 mags with 9mm "FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY". I want to stress "FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY". I am not recommending them for anybody but for me I use them "FOR TARGET PRACTICE ONLY".
    Mike

6. DinhRose

Yup I am only using it for the range. It's not for carrying or anything

7. DinhRose

Well I took the barrel out today. The g22 mags work but the bullets don't fit well. They just kinda rattles a bit. It fed fine though but it would only work with 7 or 8 loaded. Anymore and the bullets will not chamber. Ejecting was spastic at best and I had to duck a few times

8. Rattleakak

Rattleakak Columbia Gorge, OR New Member

try botachs tactical online. They've got new ones for $22.98 each with free shipping. I know thats not local but its the best price Ive found other than message boards.

9. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Agreed. 33-round Glock 18 mags for under $30 too. Botach can take a while to ship at times, but their prices are great.