Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock Mags

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by M.Link, Sep 7, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Got a couple questions -

- what is the capacity of a G17?
    - can you use the mag extentions (+2 or 3) on a G17 mag?
    - what does a fully loaded G17 mag weigh?
    - what does a fully loaded G21 mag weigh?

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Thanks for all the answers. I'm gunna buy a new handgun for Home Defense and SHTF. I was trying to decide on .45 or 9mm and have all ready decided on a Glock. I think this just made my choice a G17. Even if I put +3 extentions on the mags they will still weigh less than .45 mags and have 7 more rounds. I know 9mm is nothing compare to .45, but I'm pretty sure it will work for what I need it to and it's a lot cheaper, and it's a NATO caliber. I can buy good HD ammo for it and some bulk ammo for SHTF. I was kicking around a P226 with those factory 20rd mags, but they are $800+ and I can buy a lot of ammo and mags with that extra $300. And I personally like Glocks better than SIGs...

4. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Is that a 32?

5. MarkSBG

6. Demasoni

Demasoni Eugene, Oregon Member

I just recently purchase 2 of those factory 33 round mags off cheaperthandirt well worth it.

7. jazz hand stumps

jazz hand stumps Oregon Member

the mag prices and those 33 rounders make it a pretty solid investment. if you like the way they feel, and can hit with it..

now if magpul would just release that damn FPG for it.

YouTube - Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2

i'm actually salivating as we speak, thinking about getting one of these.

8. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I want to be able to carry it in a holster easily. I figure one 17+3 in the gun and two more in a pouch is enough to carry on my body. Plus having an AR with a 30 in it, a 30 on the butt stock and 6 30s on a chest rig or in a pack.

9. jazz hand stumps

p.s. the CTD site also has 9.99 for 2 17 rounders and a free mag pouch for the korean ones..

10. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

I read/heard someplace that you shouldn't handload for glocks. Specifically 9mm.

Is this true? I was thinking of a G19 to keep in the truck/tackle box.

11. jazz hand stumps

no. handloading for anything is totally safe if you know what you are doing, know your materials, and dont push the envelope.

12. MarkSBG

no lead bullets through glocks...

13. jazz hand stumps

i have read about buildup when using non jacketed reloads, but the consensus was that there was buildup, but either clean it out, or run a few rounds of jacketed to keep things working.

my personal experience has been with 300+ rounds lead, non jacketed, and 5 rounds after that of jacketed, and there was no buildup to speak of?

YMMV

14. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

No lead because it fouls, or feeding issues?

I've not yet loaded for semi-autos, but have recently learned about BHN, and how you ideally should mate your lead hardness to the round's pressure. (brinell hardness number = Pressure / 1280).

I can't tell you how excited I was to develop a .357mag load for $0.08/round that didn't lead my barrel in my GP100.

(sorry to hijack the thread) :(

I imagine I'd always use JHP 9mm, unless I was plinking or wanted to lower my practice ammo costs.