JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I picked up a Glock 19 and a GTL-21 from The Gun Broker in Tigard for my birthday about a year and a half ago.

I liked the light, but the laser was pretty weak - I really couldn't see it that far away unless it was mostly dark - it seemed like I'd just bought a $250 cat toy.

To make matters worse, I discovered how few people make holsters that accommodate the dang things.

So, needless to say, I didn't use it much. I ran maybe 50 rounds with it on and then mostly left it in the drawer. I'd attach it to the G19 when I wasn't carrying, just to have it handy in case of a break-in or whatnot.

So the rain's coming, and I figured this is as about as warm and dry as it's going to be for a bit - good time to pop off a few rounds off the back deck.

The GTL-21 is on it, and I figure, why not just leave it on.

I go through my first magazine, Cali-loaded to 10 rounds, without trouble.

On the 9th round of my second magazine, I have a sense of something falling away from my hands. I stop and take a look.

The damn laser/blub assembly has fallen off the front of the gun! The battery pack is still firmly attached, but I see a flat ribbon cable torn in half hanging out of the pack, and I see the light/lens/laser part on the ground 10 feet down.

After retrieving the part, it looks to me like the glue holding the light assembly to the battery pack failed. There's no broken plastic, just an impression where the glue was holding.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?

5439641071_edd6f76b00.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_killions/5439641071/
5440243610_988f16b958.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_killions/5440243610/:huh:

Buy a surefire next time and call the makers of that light, I've punched out windows with a surefire x300 that gtl really looks cheap

I know he doesn't carry surefires but the next time your there check out the insight m6x and if you get on glocktalk.com you can read other mishaps of the gtl.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top