JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like longer sight radiuses. I have a better chance of hitting what I am aiming at with a 4" barrel, but with the glock, I get stuck with a grip that prints when I carry as I am only 150 pounds soaking wet. Do I go with a Glock 19 and print the grip through my shirt, or loose sight radius and go with the sub-compact? I chose to go another route! Before you all yell at me and say that my warrantee from block is dead, I didn't care. I took a gen 2 G19, carefully as I could cut the grip down to a Glock 26 length! Now I have the best of both worlds! My first time I got a little off with my grip angle so there is less material on the front of the grip than the rear, but it still works great! I am thinking of producing a product that you could put a Glock into, slide the assembly into a cut off saw, and cut the grip down to the right size and angle. Then it would need to be finish sanded and away you go! Have a G19 and cut it to a 26? No problem. Have a G17 and want a 19 length? no problem, add a spacer. I am trying to see if there is a market for something like this as the prototype will be spendy. Shoot me a note and tell me what you think. Pics coming soon!

Like I said... too much off the front. But wait! With the soon to be new grip clip... you too could cut your 17 to a 19. Or a 19 to 26! Coming soon to a garage near you!

20140509_180028-1.jpg

20140423_215620.jpg

I was about to do the gen4 19 to 26 route, I was even thinking of 17 to 26. I ended up getting an XDs 4.0 in 9mm when it went on sales at Cabela's last month. I've only taken it shooting twice, but I like it so far.

I use an ACE case soft iwb holster. It's designed to allow you to tuck a shirt in. Granted I'm chubby, but the pistol sits really low and I don't think you would have the grip printing issue.

Your idea would make it easier for sure... for the DIYers. I was interested in buying a separate frame/lower for my G17 so I could do the g19 cut and make the G17 a G19 long slide, but I sold the 17 and just bought the 19.

Last Edited:
The other option that may or may not be just as cheap - picking up a Caspian or Lone Wolf long slide for your current G26 or 19 - they have slides/barrels that come in the next-size up yet work with the 19/26 locking blocks. You get the benefits of the longer slide and sight radius, without risking your frame.

The longer sight radius should help. But... I can shoot my 26 as well as my 19. Doesn't seem to make a difference to me. I do perfer the 26 over the 19. And I don't carry, just plink.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top