JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been trying to buy a Glock 20 handgun locally. I have made three full price offers but have struck out each time, so far. I have a Glock 21 and I'm now thinking I should just stick with running 10mm conversion barrels in that instead of pursuing any more Glock 20 deals. Is the Glock 20 really worth the $500+ price tag?
Yes, but my 40 is better

Just now, I was looking at Glock 20 listed for sale on the Cabela's site. In part, it says:

"The high-quality polymer frame drastically reduces recoil,"

Unless I'm missing something, this statement is false. Heavier pistols reduce perceived recoil, not lighter ones. What the polymer frame reduces is carry weight, not recoil.

For example, I have a Glock 19. It produces more perceived recoil than my Colt Gov't Model in 9mm.
The tiny bit of flex built into the frame helps to slightly reduce perceived recoil. Not arguing that weight isn't a factor, but the bit of flex in the polymer is what helps reduce the perceived recoil.

A nice Gen 2...

How 'bout 'Custom'...
More like "cussed 'em"

The tiny bit of flex built into the frame helps to slightly reduce perceived recoil. Not arguing that weight isn't a factor, but the bit of flex in the polymer is what helps reduce the perceived recoil.
Been a very long time since I've shot my G20, though I recall it having less felt recoil than my SIG P220 10mm and my 10mm 1911 which are both significantly heavier guns.

Buy Now! of $479

Buy Now! of $500 but eewww...

Been a very long time since I've shot my G20, though I recall it having less felt recoil than my SIG P220 10mm and my 10mm 1911 which are both significantly heavier guns.
I think the lower bore axis of the Glock also helps to tame perceived recoil. The Sig and 1911 have bores that are significantly farther above the shooters hand than a Glock.

@arakboss, whenever you finally get your G20, get a 22 lb spring to go with it. It will still recoil a lot, but it will more controlled and won't hit the the backstops as hard.
I picked up this package, with four mags, last year for $600. I will look into the springs.

I picked up this package, with four mags, last year for $600. I will look into the springs.

Nice!

Edit to add -- since I KB'd my G20 and blew apart the trigger, I put in a Timney and like it much more than the OEM.

Love them. I've ran them for years in the woods. They are tough and reliable. Will stop the scary and wounded animals. Gen 5+Kenai chest rig+RMR+Hard cast is a perfect NW rig. Idk about a range toy, grab the longer barrel 10mm.

Just picked up my Glock 20 Gen 5 MOS last Saturday. Came with 3 10 round Mags. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but liked my son's Gen 3SF enough to spring for a new Gen 5 from SW. Loaded up 50 rounds in S&B brass with 7.8 gr of BE-86 and Fed 150 primers to try out when I get out to the range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top