JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if a Glock 17 mag (standard 17rd capacity, not the neutered ones) with a +2 extension needs extra power springs or will run OK with the standard springs.

Would be nice to be able to carry a couple of 19 rd mags for reloads. The 33rd mags are a bit too big for carry.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. So---17+1 in the gun, and a couple of 19's for reloads?
Walking around with 56 rds? Are the zombie hordes that bad in your neighborhood?

Anyway--they should run just fine with stock springs with +2 pads.

More interested in those who have or have had this setup as opposed to speculation.

Well this is an open forum and you get what you get,so deal with it.

And BillM,I was talking to a guy about the 32's being silly until he told me his biggest fear in Beirut,about the time of the bombing? ,was running out of ammo.
Couldn't argue with that.
Hope this helps bushman

Never added them to the 17 round but have six of the Glock 19 15 round mags with the plus two floor plates and works great with factory springs.

Have had them a couple years now.

Actually it's 17+2. If you take a Glock 17 with the OEM 17 round magazine, and add the OEM +2 mag extension you will have Capacity of 19 rounds. No spring change is needed. The +2 extension is designed to work with the factory spring. You're right, 2 x G-17 mags with +2 extensions gives you 38 rounds that will fit in a pocket. This makes much more sense than a single 33rd mag. Yeah, a 33rd stick is cool but 2 x 17rd mags w/+2 extensions = 38rds, is the way to go. This is the preferred method of deployment.

I have used +2 extensions with G17's and 19's before, running standard factory mag springs with no issues. You're good to go. If you're worried that much, Wolff plus power mag springs are cheap insurance for reliability.

If you do an internet search you will find mixed reviews on them. Yes the springs you have will work just fine.

The mixed reviews come from the reliability of the floor plate to stay attached to the magazine. I have a few of them for my .40 mags. One day with my G35 loaded up with 15+1 while using a +2 I was sitting in my truck ordering food at the dive through when see something fly though the cab of the truck and hear a funny noise like muffled popcorn. I can not figure out what the noise was but got to looking and I see some ammo on my floor. My gun had a nice spot where it sat stuck between the seat. Well suddenly without cause the +2 had come off the mag launching the spring/follower and most of the ammo came out of the mag.

I dont think I would have bought the +2 but they came free. There are some great reviews on some metal aftermarket one's but they are not cheep. Since then I have taken them all off except one which is taped in place on one of my 17rd 9mm mags that lives in my 9mm AR rifle in the safe but for most shooting I run the 33rd mags. Funny thing is the 33rd mags are just 31rd mags but you never hear people having problems with them.

Well this is an open forum and you get what you get,so deal with it.

And BillM,I was talking to a guy about the 32's being silly until he told me his biggest fear in Beirut,about the time of the bombing? ,was running out of ammo.
Couldn't argue with that.
Hope this helps bushman

One in every crowd. Yes, that was very helpful, even though it had nothing to do with my question at all.

Welcome to my ignore list.

One in every crowd. Yes, that was very helpful, even though it had nothing to do with my question at all.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Guy, you need to lighten up before you pop a blood vessel or something else...

But as you have proven to be a new member with a chip on your shoulder, welcome to my ignore list...

Happy Holidays....

Guy, you need to lighten up before you pop a blood vessel or something else...

But as you have proven to be a new member with a chip on your shoulder, welcome to my ignore list...

Happy Holidays....

I merely said I was looking for people with actual experience as opposed to those who speculate and was insulted but your so called "senior member" who told me to deal with it.

If you really think that's OK just because you have been here for a while, you can join the ignore list as well. I have been on boards for 15 years and have never seen such rude and childish behavior on any other board.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top