Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Global Warming damages Calif citrus crop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rufus, Feb 22, 2012.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Global Warming damages Calif citrus crop

Paging Algore... :bluelaugh:

2. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like they need to burn more fossil fuels to promote more global warming.

3. grouser

grouser Washington New Member

That's weather, not climate. Parts of the US are having mild winters. Weather is highly variable. Cold one place neither supports or does not support climate change(warming). Look at long term temp changes, not local weather.

ereezy503 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. rufus

The climate is highly variable. It's always changing. Always has, always will.

5. kev1

kev1 seabeck,wa Member

I thought the farming was shut down because of a little minnow. Or was it a frog? When we drove through to go to disney land farm after farm was just a dust bowl it was awful. Down i5 that is.

6. rufus

Good point. Not sure where the citrus crops are, but certainly not along the I-5.

Dead and Dying–California’s Central Valley Dust Bowl

7. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

I was in Palo Alto in Jan. friend's garden had a crop of sugar cane and citrus

8. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

So the climate change nuts don't care about weather when it's cold but have a couple of hot days when it should be cold, weather is key. Like weather climate varies. Has from the beginning of time and will till the end of time. Mans activities will not change that. Computer models that are programed by humans don't prove much. One minor input will affect the outcome. We don't live in a perfect world.