JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A member was looking for something here and I told him I had some he could have. Great, he said and sent me his address. I thought it was odd that he didn't mention shipping but thought I'd see what sort of person this is and I mailed it to him. I told him it was inbound and mentioned the $6.80 shipping, crickets. Fortunately, this sort of behavior here has been an exception for me. I gave a member a trigger a while back and he tried to pay me when he picked it up. I refused his offer and the next day there was a nice knife in my mailbox.

I've come to find out in 54 years, that with some generations, if you don't set expectations they are too caught up in their own world to be empathetic to anyone else. Not saying it's right or wrong, just an observation. I don't even think they realize they are doing this.

A member was looking for something here and I told him I had some he could have. Great, he said and sent me his address. I thought it was odd that he didn't mention shipping but thought I'd see what sort of person this is and I mailed it to him. I told him it was inbound and mentioned the $6.80 shipping, crickets. Fortunately, this sort of behavior here has been an exception for me. I gave a member a trigger a while back and he tried to pay me when he picked it up. I refused his offer and the next day there was a nice knife in my mailbox.
I used to take people shooting. A lot. I've given away many boxes of ammo too, especially post Sandy Hook when you couldn't find 9, 40 or 22 anywhere.
Not so much any more.

It's become the norm for people to walk around with their hands out taking anything they can. Earning your keep, paying your way, common sense, and common courtesy are all old fashioned, "unwoke", and unfashionable these days. In short integrity has left the building....sad!

If he just gave me his address I wouldn't have shipped it to him. If he gave me his address and offered to pay shipping id tell him its fine and then ship it on my dime. Just him offering to pay shipping would be enough for me to send it free.. Its a simple respect/courtesy to offer to pay shipping if someone is willing to send you something. To just give your address and expect them to send it is rude and just unacceptable. Your a nice guy for sending it but just enabling the behavior.

Kind of hard to expect something if it wasn't asked for. The other person may have just figured you were kind of heart. Kind of selfish to expect others to think they are in debt if you offered to give it to them without stating you expected shipping costs covered.

I recently did this exact thing. A member was asking about 12 gauge muzzle brakes. I had one sitting in a drawer. I didn't need it. Offered it to him. No I did not expect him to pay shipping. I sent it his way and paid shipping. He was ecstatic, that alone is my payment.

Also, kind of bold to bring up generational issues like that's still a big deal. Most if not all millennials are good people. They however, are not psychics, they would likely give you the shipping costs if it was known to them. Assuming of coarse this person is of that generation.

Older generations working off older "codes of conduct" can sometimes be the problem, by thinking everyone can read minds. We have evolved some, now we just tell each other things and or ask for things.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top