JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What a pain, I worked installing the large beavertail for 1/2 an hour. I ended up using a roll pin punch & rubber mallet. The cheap tool provided by Glock will not work (it is flexible & bends).
Note: you need to squeeze the back strap when inserting the plastic retention pin. You might want to throw the darn thing at the wall, but you paid a premium for this cheap piece of.......

Buy a Gen 3 and save some money and frustration. The standard grip was made for kids or a woman's hands. It is smaller than the SF or Gen 3.

IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

Last Edited:
I wanted a G19, I sold my Gen 3 about 10 years ago. I wasted a lot of money buying a new Gen 5. I never liked the feel of the Gen 4, so I did drink the cool-aid and pulled the trigger to buy the latest & greatest. I should have saved $100 or more and just bought a Gen 3.....ugh.

Last Edited:
I wanted a G19, I sold my Gen 3 about 10 years ago. I wasted a lot of money buying a new Gen 5. I never liked the feel of the Gen 4, so I did drink the coolaid and pulled the trigger to buy the latest & greatest. I should have saved $100 or more and just bought a Gen 3.....ugh.

What don't you like about the Gen5? Mine has been 100% reliable.

I have never had a Glock fail from 1994 when I bought my 1st G19 to date. I currently have a Gen 3 G17L & G21 and they have never failed.

Glock has now become the Apple of plastic guns now. Gen 6 will probably be released next year....

And to preface the question, I own a Gen3 G19, a Gen4 G34, a G42 and a Gen5 G17.......

And I EDC a Shield 9mm. So nope, no kool-aid consumed here. :)

New Gen 3s are closing out at less than 5 bills right now, I agree that $75 to $100 difference really doesn't really matter.

Last Edited:
I was very disappointed with Glocks new bacstraps. Glad I'm not a Glock guy. I have 100 pistols and only two are Glocks. The Gen 5 falls short. The back straps are cheesesy. I've decided just to leave them off and just use the stock ones that don't wobble. If it wasn't for the $100 discount they give to retired police officers I probably wouldn't have got it as I have a perfectly good gen 3.